Veneer on Pro Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veneer on Pro Series?

How thick is it? Is it like paper thin or what?

Very very thin.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Oh shi#$ I just looked at the specs for he sl2h and its maple top is only 1\8" thick, damn thats pretty thin too.

Comment

Sometimes its so thin, its fake. (photoflame) Oh, I just saw it was pro series and not professional series. My bad.

Comment

What's photoflame? Like just painted on?

Comment

A thin photographic film placed on top of the guitar then painted.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The paint on my 96 professional on the top is paper thin. I just "chipped it" around the pickup hole and glued it back. My old 93 body had a real finish but looked like crap. The 96 is on the right. both are trans purple.

Comment

I think that `93 (XL?) looks great, but more because of the overall color and dark edges than because of the top. I remember seeing a trans green version and wanting to buy it, but I waited too long.

Unless something has changed, any "photoflame" tops on Jacksons were called gravure in the catalog.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                  Oh, I just saw it was pro series and not professional series. My bad.
                  The "Pro" series is the Professional series. They just don't say Professional on the headstock any more.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    The "Pro" series is the Professional series. They just don't say Professional on the headstock any more.
                    Yeah, I know but most people refer to the newer ones as pro series and the ones with it on the headstock as professional series. I didnt think there were any photoflame finishes on any newer pro series so I just wanted to specify.

Comment

Ah, I see. Yeah, I don't think they've used photoflames in awhile.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X