Unknown Dinky at the pawn shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    Why did my green one have sharkfins then? And a DR3 would have a Gibson-type toggle switch and not the blade selector like the other DR models.
    Beats the hell outta me.
    I just used to sell them back then.
    I sold J/C guitars from 1992 to 1996 at Guitar and Keyboard City here in Phoenix. Not exactly a small shop (they had 4 stores in town), but not a GC either.
    1994 and 1995 seemed to be the year that a lot of the imports got changed up.
    I remember very clearly the Dinky changes... I bought my JDR-94 and a Dinky RVS (95xxxx serial) with the stone finish and maple neck in early 1995.
    I was pissed when the new DR3's showed up and had sharkies.
    Funny thing though, my Dinky RVS had a JT-590, which was not supposed to be on the 1995 model (supposed to be a JT-580LP), only the 1993 and earlier had the JT-590.
    So it seems that Jackson didn't always follow catalog specs when changing the models over. Perhaps using up previous parts inventory from one run to the next. This is why I like to call 1995 a "transition" period for a lot of the Professional models. That is the year where I found the most discrepancies. Not to say there weren't others, just what I personally noticed.
    -Rick

Comment

Interesting. I know my purple one with dots was a '94, because it had a JT-580LP '94 (square baseplate like an OFR, supposedly only used in 1994).
      At some time before that, Jackson made a non-LP JT-580 that had a square baseplate but the longer locking pins like an OFR. My green one I think was either a '95 or '96 with the reverse sharks and regular JT-580LP with angled baseplate.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Trying to dig up old pics of my 95 RVS. It may have been a 580 with the square base plate, but I do remember it wasn't a low profile trem.
        I need to go look through old photo albums... got rid of the guitar way before I could afford a digital camera.
        -Rick

Comment

With exception of the chrome hardware, this sounds a lot like one I was watching on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=300246963441

Dinky RVS, I think a '95.
          Your friendly neighborhood import whore :: '08 DK2M, '08 DKMG, '03 KVX10, '94 Dinky Rev.

Comment

Yep... that's a 95.
            That particular configuration doesn't exist in any catalog either.
            -Rick

Comment

RVS and Rev

Great guitars.
              I have A blue...turns slightly green in the right light.. dinky RVS. (says on the truss rod color). H/H blade 'bucker at bridge.
              real MOP reverse sharkfins. look like oil ... rainbow.
              also I have some dinky Rev guitars. offset dots, H/H blade 'bucker at bridge.
              intresting thing dinky RVS capitols, the RVS. others dinky Rev.
              someone (I don;t member who) said RVS ment reverse sharkfins. mabee..... mabee not.
              any and every dinky RVS I have seen has the same MOP reverse sharkies, and cool color changing finishes.
              so probly not much help...butt.....

Comment

Pics would help with the RVS, but the offset dots guitars sound like they're from the performer series.

EDIT: Does the RVS have numbers on it like 1/12 or anything, sounds like a limited run.
                Last edited by Mazz; 04-06-2010, 06:03 AM.
                Gear

Jackson DXMG
                Jackson JS30RR
                Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                Blackstar HT5H
                Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                Marshall JCM 800 2203
                Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Just a comment on the truss covers- I think the guys on the line screwed with them a bit. One of my Fusion Pros' had a blank cover. I sent it to a shop to have it worked on and it came back with a cover that said, "Fusion XL". I thought, how strange, my guy had a Fusion XL TRC laying around and put it on there for me. Asked him, he said, "Nope that's the one that was on the guitar. It was on upside down".

So it could be a DR3 or whatever as the line transitioned & they had a bunch of Dinky Reverse covers laying around and put it on upside down, and then somewhere along the line someone did some work on the neck and flipped it.

Oh, and the "RVS" on those does kinda look like "RUS".

Comment

I doubt the guitar is still at the pawn shop, especially since this thread is two years old.
                    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                      I doubt the guitar is still at the pawn shop, especially since this thread is two years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
                        Pics would help with the RVS, but the offset dots guitars sound like they're from the performer series.
                        Um, no. My one Dinky Reverse and my Dinky HX both had offset dots. It's like people thinking Fusions are the only guitars with the lower horn scallop...
                        And what's up with all the newbies and two-year thread resurrections lately?!? :ROTF:

Comment

Um, no. My one Dinky Reverse and my Dinky HX both had offset dots. It's like people thinking Fusions are the only guitars with the lower horn scallop...
                          And what's up with all the newbies and two-year thread resurrections lately?!? :ROTF:
                          all my dinky Rev's say professional and have offset dots

the dinky RVS also says professional and has reverse sharkies
                          damn newbies heh I be A newbie that joined in 2003 and only 79 posts
                          must be a record

Comment

Everyone knows that only Fusions have lower horn scallops. Except for the Fusions that don't - and the Dinkies that do...

AFAIK the PS4 was the only Performer with offset dots. The Professional line had a range of Fusions, Dinkies & Stealths with offset dots.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Comment

Pictures help those who can't read;( and people like me) who can't write : )

Stealth xl value 50.00

PS-4 value 25.00

Dinky pro reverse value 75.00
                                Last edited by john.w.lawson; 04-07-2010, 11:55 AM.
                                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Working...
                                X