X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a DK2M body take a Strat neck?

I have these two DK2M guitars...

Someone wants to buy one of the bodies and says that they have a
    "custom wizard contour reverse strat neck, it has factory strat measurements"...the measurements seem in the ballpark withing 1/8 of an inch. Does anyone know if the neck pocket is typically the same as a Strat neck pocket?
    My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

No the Jackson neck pockets are 2 1/4 in.You would have to shim the neck pocket which IMO wouldn't look too good unless you refined the body.The 1 hum DK2M's are few and far between I would sell the whole guitar to someone here. It sucks when someone parts out a very ltd run guitar.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

They would want a strat head with a 2.25" wide heel which I can do by the way

Comment

Thanks for the info straycat. I am not for parting out guitars either truthfully, it's just that when something is for sale and someone makes an offer...you get the point.

Good to know slash but in this case the person has a neck and seeks a body.

Cheers.
        My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Comment

Not only that but it will not intonate unless it is a 24 fret neck that they are going to be using.
          'Howling in shadows
          Living in a lunar spell
          He finds his heaven
          Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
            Not only that but it will not intonate unless it is a 24 fret neck that they are going to be using.
            Good point. I missed that one...

Comment

The Heavy Metal Strat has 24 frets and I "think" a wide heal, but it's got a custom neck plate bolt pattern.

Just throwing that out.

Comment

If they buy the body can I have the neck?
                |My CSG gallery|
                (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
                  If they buy the body can I have the neck?
                  HA!! Yeah...I'm pretty sure he's going to buy the body because I forwarded him my thoughts/concerns about the fit and also a link to this thread in the name of transparency!!

Comment

Sweet. So I can have the neck then?

Thanks, I'll give it a nice home.
                    |My CSG gallery|
                    (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                      The Heavy Metal Strat has 24 frets and I "think" a wide heal, but it's got a custom neck plate bolt pattern.

Just throwing that out.
                      It has a square heel like a Tele and is 25.1" scale not 25.5" scale. Other than a custom neck or a 24 fret jackson neck he is going to have a hard time finding one that will work with out mods.

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
                        It has a square heel like a Tele and is 25.1" scale not 25.5" scale. Other than a custom neck or a 24 fret jackson neck he is going to have a hard time finding one that will work with out mods.
                        Make sure you save the template for that HM body you made. I might want to pick one up someday.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                          No the Jackson neck pockets are 2 1/4 in.You would have to shim the neck pocket which IMO wouldn't look too good unless you refined the body.The 1 hum DK2M's are few and far between I would sell the whole guitar to someone here. It sucks when someone parts out a very ltd run guitar.
                          Yeah, but don't take a penny less than what you paid for it. That will serve them right for not paying full price for it when it was new and hoping to score one used for less :ROTF:
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by goodwood View Post
                            HA!! Yeah...I'm pretty sure he's going to buy the body because I forwarded him my thoughts/concerns about the fit and also a link to this thread in the name of transparency!!
                            I must have been tired when I wrote that post...I meant to say that I'm pretty sure he's NOT going to buy the body...

I'm sure that a few people were thinking 'WTF?' after reading my previous post...

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                              Make sure you save the template for that HM body you made. I might want to pick one up someday.
                              That was a few years ago and I didn't make a HM body I made a custom SD1 body to fit the HM neck. So unfortunalty I never made a template for the HM body.

Comment

Working...
                              X