Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since there have been a lot of Concept posts lately . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since there have been a lot of Concept posts lately . . .

Back in the late `90s, my first Jackson was a cheap JS1, followed by a JDX-94 Concept Dinky that I unwisely traded away. I picked up another JDX, my first online guitar purchase (via email from Elderly Instruments) in around 1999 or 2000, had to have some fretwork done on it, and decided to get all gold hardware, a new bridge pickup, and custom gold MOP inlays. It was and still is the most comfortable guitar I've ever played, but it sustained some headstock damage a few years back, so I was reluctant to leave the house with it. On Monday night, I gigged with it for the first time, with no issues, and got some good shots of it that I thought I'd post.

Granted, most of the questions about Concepts are specific to the JDR-94 and similar PS-4 Performer, but this model gets overlooked a lot due to the fixed bridge.
    sigpic

thanks for the pics
    always cool to see someone rocking with a Jackson~

Comment

nice!! always good to see older jacksons done up.

Comment

That is a really cool bridge choice that makes it look really killer! Did everything line up pretty much?

Comment

That pseudo-Tele bridge is kinda cool!
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Although the gold bridge is aftermarket, the JDXs actually used the same bridge style in black. I really like it, as it gives me something solid under my hand like a Floyd would, without some of the hassles. I don't use the bar on a Floyd anyway, so this is much easier for my purposes.

I'd love to get my hands on an old solid brass Charvel Mfg. fixed bridge of this style, but to my knowledge, the screw holes are different on those.
            sigpic

Comment

Really? I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.
              "Dear Dr. Bill,
              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
              X