Jackson RR (Japan) - Did any ever have Kahlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson RR (Japan) - Did any ever have Kahlers

***I made a mistake and posted this in the Import Charvel listings, and am reposting here:

Checking on a guitar, not sure if it is legit or not. If anyone can help, please let me know:

- What year did Jackson start building Randy Rhoads models in Japan -- I am aware of the Model 1-6 guitars, which I think started in 1986. What year did they start doing RR models....
    - Once production started, were any models ever built with Kahlers (Pro or Flyer).......

And just for yucks, has there ever been such a thing as a Charvel, or Charvel-Jackson Rhoads --- or only Jackson...

Thank you to anyone who reads this and can provide the above information. Have a great weekend!

Jackson started with imported models in 1990. Jackson DID NOT make any RRs with Kahler trem in Japan.

BUT,

Grover Jackson (later renamed to Jackson Stars, still same company though) started with production in 1990 aswell for Japanese market only...they were/are Jackson, with just a bit different logos. I know that Jackson Stars did make Kahlered RRs, but I'm not sure with Grover Jackson...could be, they had LOTS of models, very high quality stuff and there probably was a custom shop aswell.

Charvel put out a model called Avenger, RR body, bolt-on neck, slanted H/s pickup combination an a floyd.

Comment

Recent JacksonStars models have been made with Kahlers.

More detail is needed on the guitar to be sure, but if it says "Jackson" on the head (no "Grover" or "Stars"), and there's no Made In USA on the head, and it's neckthrough with a rosewood board and dot inlays, it's probably a San Dimas-era Student model.
      Or it might be a USA Custom Shop.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Jackson Stars RR-J1K and RR-J2K (made from 2005 to 2007 I believe) had a Kahler.

Have a look here :
          http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=47&pos=4

There must be many of them lying around in Japan, look at 2nd hand websites like digimart or ishibashi used box and you might find one.
          2007 Jackson Stars RR Custom
          2005 Jackson Stars RR Semi-custom
          1991 Grover Jackson RR Dan Spitz Professional
          1991 Grover Jackson RR Custom (sold)

Comment

Working...
          X