A new love perhaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new love perhaps?

so...i went to my local GC earlier today to check whether they have a jackson demmel-ition V....(you guys prob remember me as the guy that asked around rr24 vs this...i decided to go w/ this one) and like always, they dont have it, and it'll take em a week or so to have it in stock...of course, thats about the same "anxiously hyperactive" time if i would just buy online/ ebay.... so after that, i decided to mess around w/ stuff...and i met this sexy... http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=518485
    it doesnt looke very sexy; but it plays and shred like a butter....and since i havent try the demmelition V yet, i dont know which one is better...any help?
    getting something + returning it IS an option, but it'll take a while...and i'm not that kind of person...so any help/ advice???
    Own:
    '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
    w/e catches my eyes ATM
    More '90 Professionals

Normally I would say try both and choose which one you like better but this time all I can say is "What is wrong with your head?!" A Jackson compared to that filth. I mean, they say "Choose a guitar based on feel and tone, not looks" but that only goes so far! Not only that, you'll have 12-year old "metalheads" following you and calling you God! Do you really want that? Look at the reviews! they're all 13-year old A7X fans. I mean the title "Fedora+This=You as Synister" clues you in to what these are marketed towards. Even the diehard fans are too dumb to spell the dude's name right and it's on the actual page!

To sum things up, be patient and you will be rewarded.

That is all I have to say.

Edit: Oh, and I don't mean to sound harsh. I'm just telling the truth.
    Last edited by Ben...; 09-30-2008, 07:43 PM.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

no prob dude lol.
      and yea i know that a7x isnt...something thats great; but as i mentioned earlier, "play and shred like butter" is really something i dont encounter on either my KE3 skull (selling...) or my '96 RR3...though that filth is still not as good as my fusion ex =D
      any other opinions?
      Own:
      '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
      w/e catches my eyes ATM
      More '90 Professionals

Comment

I would wait for the Jackson. be patient young grass hopper. The Schecter to me just sounds blah. And the lines are annoying as are the inlays. The Invaders are really hot. And your Ke3 and RR3 can play like butter with a good setup. Trust me. Schecter does make a nice instrument but when it comes to comparing it to a USA JAckson. There is no comparison. Wait for the JAckson.
        Gil

Comment

Working...
        X