Need to replace the trem bar. Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to replace the trem bar. Help!!!

I recently picked up a 1992 Jackson Neck Thru RR V Professional Standard in a trade. Cool guitar but no trem bar. It has a Japan made Floyd Rose stamped with Jackson on it. I have tried to find a replacement online but really do not know what kind to buy. I do not know if its a pop in bar or a screw in bar. Does anybody out there know?

PS Any idea what this guitar might be worth? Its my 1st Jackson.

does the side opposite the jackson stamp say made in germany by schaller? secondly, on the high E side, if there is a protruding cylinder with threads on it, then it's a screw in bar. Also, i don't think jackson ever put a trem on their guitars that had a pop in bar.

this would probably work. http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-LICENSED-F...d=p3286.c0.m14
    Last edited by Foulacy; 10-01-2008, 12:33 PM.

Comment

It is not a schaller. I took the tremolo out and it has made in Japan on it. Foulacy I will Check out that web site. Right now thanks!!!

Comment

the high E side, brain cramp!!

Comment

Well no luck. Whatever kind of bar this is it does not have a collar that screws on to the trem. I t must be a threaded bar that screws in. I'll try to get some pictures posted to help.

Comment

the JT-6 had a pop in bar
            Here is a pic from Budman's site showing the original JT-6 trem bar

Budman (Dave) is a member here and he makes replacement bars for the JT-6 trem (among others). After you look at the pic above, look thru the rest of his site as well.
            Last edited by bombtek; 10-01-2008, 05:28 PM.
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Wow Bombtek I think you nailed it right on the head!!!! Thanks I'll follow up with that website ASAP.

Thanks guys!! When I found out about this forum I knew it would be cool.

Comment

You could also use an Ibanez pop-in bar for their Edge trems. They're available in most guitar stores, and they fit perfectly.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cool Toejam, i was in my local guitar center and they did have the Ibanez bars but i did not know it would fit. I'll check it out this week. Thanks!!!

Comment

Ok just as a follow up. I picked up an Ibanez pop in trem from Guitar Center and it popped right in no issues at all. Works great!!!! 16 bucks. Dive bomb heaven!!

Comment

Working...
                    X