Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Serial # is weird on this Jackson I just bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Serial # is weird on this Jackson I just bought?

Whats up guys? So I picked up a Purple/Quilt/Burst Dinky XL yesterday and the serial number reads 211758. Some of you guys told me it was a 93-94 Jackson which I checked and that seems to be correct (from the catalogs.) But, my Stealth EX from around the same year has a serial of 9415460.

The main question is I thought that imports went by the year of manufacture; the first two numbers meaning the year, followed by xxxxx?

Just seeing if somebody could shed some light on this. The Dinky XL has ALL original parts, but the nut clamps for the floyd rose. The neck is absolutely superb, no fret or neck wear. But, the body has a few big dings and scratches, same with the tip of the headstock. It must of been more for air guitaring then actual playing. haha.
    "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Some pics:

The fretboard definitely has some weird rosewood on it.
    "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Shit. WTF is RacerX when you need him?
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

The fretboard is very nice, for the number, well I've a 1988 Soloist Professional!

Seriously, probably it's a error.
        '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
        '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
        '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
        '92 Fender Strat scallop
        '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
        '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

Well we all know the serial numbers are a hard way to date these guitars.
          I say pull the neck and look at the neck heel and neck pocket.
          I have a CSB 92 XL and its serial numbeis 927258 and it is dated 92 in the neck pocket.The flame/flat tops from the info I have found were early in the run of the professional series and were discontinued in 93.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I was looking at it again and I noticed that the Floyd rose on it says "Schaller made in Germany" with Charvel written on the other side. Is this swapped out? My 94 Stealth just says Jackson on it.

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Somebody may have swapped out the trem from one with the Charvel logo, but it's the same Schaller JT590, so no big deal whether it's got a Jackson or Charvel or Schaller logo.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks toej!

Any of you guys use nail polish for touchup btw??

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

nice dude. just curious, why would you use nail polisher to "touch up" the guitar o_O
                  Own:
                  '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
                  w/e catches my eyes ATM
                  More '90 Professionals

Comment

You know, like certain chips in the paint that went down to the wood. Just curious on what you guys think would be a good way to fix.

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

That serial indicates 1992, but I was never clear on the issue of whether they were doing import Jackson Fusions in 92 or just the Charvels, and if they were doing import Jackson Dinkys and import Jackson Fusions at the same time.

I do know the USA Fusion and USA Dinky were not made at the same time, but can never remember what the final word was regarding the imports.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

huh?
                        ok
                        uhmmmmm

no, no nail polish, EVER
                        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                        --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          That serial indicates 1992, but I was never clear on the issue of whether they were doing import Jackson Fusions in 92 or just the Charvels, and if they were doing import Jackson Dinkys and import Jackson Fusions at the same time.

I do know the USA Fusion and USA Dinky were not made at the same time, but can never remember what the final word was regarding the imports.
                          Thanks man.

Okay cool, i'll keep that in mind about the nail polish.

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Originally posted by DeathThrashAttack View Post
                            You know, like certain chips in the paint that went down to the wood. Just curious on what you guys think would be a good way to fix.
                            If you can find a color that matches, I don't think it's a big deal. Either that or a magic marker.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nail polish is great for touch ups.I use clear to fill the nick and then the color to finish off to the top coat.If you use the color first it tends to soak into the wood the clear seals it to some extent so controlling the color is easier.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                              X