RR3 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Confuse-a-Cat View Post
    Yeah, the JT-580LP on my DK2M seems a really nice trem, and my friend who has an RR24 said he didn't really notice much difference between how his and my trems felt. The only annoyance I have is that the shop gave me a bag with 3 allen keys, and not one of them is 3mm! I had to borrow a tool with a 3mm allen attachment from a friend for tuning (I guess the factory strings weren't stretched too well because my whammy abuse sent it waaay out of tune).

But, that tool's no good for changing strings, which I wanted to do today, because when I try to get at the string clamp screws it collides with the fine tuners...

My other friend with the RR24 might be lending me an allen key tomorrow. I'll have to pick one up from a DIY store sometime...

Buy two sets - imperial and metric - of allen keys that are like penknives. I have sets like that, they take up only a small amount of room in my spares/tools box.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
      Buy two sets - imperial and metric - of allen keys that are like penknives. I have sets like that, they take up only a small amount of room in my spares/tools box.
      Yeah, I might do something like that since as far as tools go they are useful but also don't take up much space. I did get my strings changed yesterday with a borrowed allen key, but I still need to buy a set.
      I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

A hardware store is a wonderful place to buy allen keys. Providing you have those in England.
        Gil

Comment

actually, i find that the floyd to be fairly durable. though, that same floyd was on my kelly, and i liked it...
          maybe the setup is wrong.
          Own:
          '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
          w/e catches my eyes ATM
          More '90 Professionals

Comment

Most local guitar shops have spare allum keys
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Actually, speaking of the JT580LP, does anybody know where it's made? Not that it really matters, I just thought about it the other day and now I'm curious!
              I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Actually, speaking of the JT580LP, does anybody know where it's made? Not that it really matters, I just thought about it the other day and now I'm curious!
                Some were/are made in Japan by Tackauchi(I am sure I spelled it wrong).

Comment

Working...
                X