Jackson professional serial #?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson professional serial #?

Why do some of my Jackson professional series guitars serial #'s start with 90,91,92,93 etc. and some 0,1,2,3,4,5? I thought that the single numbers were the years 0=1990,1=1991 etc. So do the numbers 90=1990, 92=1992 etc.? Why two ways. Confused. Thanks

The japanese bolt-ons start with a leading "9", since 1995 or 1996. I dont know if the bolt-on serials ever indicated production year, but the "9" serials are purely sequential, and have nothing to do with the production year. To tell the production date(s) of a japanese Jackson bolt-on, you have to take the neck off and read the stamps in the neck pocket and on the neck heel.

The neck-throughs and set necks have a serial that indicates production year; the first digit in the serial is the last number of the year - i.e. 0 = 1990 & 2000, 1 = 1991 & 2001, etc.

Indian and Korean serials are a different story.
    Last edited by Sunbane; 10-09-2008, 02:43 PM.

Comment

bolt-ons did tell the year until mid-late 1996 when the "96" serialization became standard.

the first number of a 6-digit Japanese-made bolt-on is the year it was made, unless that number is 7, 8, or 9 (which would be 97, 98, 99).

you can find some 1996 models that start with a 6.

generally, 6 digits starting with 96 were made in 1996, and 7 digits starting with 96 were made in 1997.

this is all based on what i've learned from guitars i've owned and what others who have owned these model-years have posted.

As far as I know, all neckthrough import serials have always included the year in the first or first 2 digits (post 2000 stuff? what's the RR5 serial look like?)
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

my 2005 black rr5 # is 050779

Comment

So, geravabean...any wiser yet?

Comment

Another version would be: J****** on neck-thrus and set-necks - stamped in the last fret (the PROs) or on a sticker on the back of the headstock (Kelly Std. 1990 J0*****)

And I've seen a 1995 Dinky Rev. with a 6-digit number starting with 5 !

I am pretty sure that Fusions and Dinky Rev's (Stealths as well) had the year as the first 2 digits, as I have 2 Fusions and 2 Dinky Revs starting with 90, 91, 92 and 93 !

Henrik has an article on PRO serials:
            http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...htm#proserials

As Sunbane said, any wiser yet ?
            uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Geravabean is wiser. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Franx View Post
                Another version would be: J****** on neck-thrus and set-necks - stamped in the last fret (the PROs) or on a sticker on the back of the headstock (Kelly Std. 1990 J0*****)

And I've seen a 1995 Dinky Rev. with a 6-digit number starting with 5 !

I am pretty sure that Fusions and Dinky Rev's (Stealths as well) had the year as the first 2 digits, as I have 2 Fusions and 2 Dinky Revs starting with 90, 91, 92 and 93 !

Henrik has an article on PRO serials:
                http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...htm#proserials

As Sunbane said, any wiser yet ?

The 1995 Dinky with a 6-digit plate starting with 5 would be correct, as would a 1996 model starting with 6 as well as with 96.

Interesting that the current neckthrough Pros are using 0x serials so we can easily kee track of the year.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                X