Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone replace the bridge pickup in your Morton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone replace the bridge pickup in your Morton?

I really love the 59 in the neck, but in the bridge just isnt hot enough. Has anyone replaced their bridge pickup in the Morton? Should I think about the coil splitter when considering a replacement?

I was thinking about an Invader but am open to suggestions.

i would suggest an invader or a dimebucker, but martinbarre1 and several other people said that it suckes, and i'm better off with a bill lawerence 500xl. this might help you http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85935
    Own:
    '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
    w/e catches my eyes ATM
    More '90 Professionals

Comment

I don't have a Morton, but given its specs I'd probably give an SD Custom a whirl.

Comment

thanks! i dont do much lead stuff, so the invader may work. I have a JB in my RR5 and that sounds pretty good but I want to try something different.

and my apologies for putting this in the import charvel forum by mistake... feel free to move it

Comment

hold on, i'm pretty confused. can you explain why does an invader is bad for lead?
          Own:
          '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
          w/e catches my eyes ATM
          More '90 Professionals

Comment

i would recommend a bareknuckle nailbomb, instead of a dimebucker or invader

Comment

My suggest is to stick with duncan, much easier to switch that way.

But i really think you should try an SH-6 Distortion.
              Or if that's to much gain, get an SH-5, that's what morton himself uses.
              Tell me about it!

Comment

Originally posted by laihojrxo View Post
                hold on, i'm pretty confused. can you explain why does an invader is bad for lead?
                was basing that off what I thought I read in the other thread you pointed out

Comment

Originally posted by _koppen View Post
                  get an SH-5, that's what morton himself uses.
                  Supposedly Mark does use the '59 set in at least one of his guitars. That guy has used the Custom, Invader, Livewires, EMGs.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Invaders are fine for rhythm and lead.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by laihojrxo View Post
                      i would suggest an invader or a dimebucker, but martinbarre1 and several other people said that it suckes, and i'm better off with a bill lawerence 500xl. this might help you http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85935
                      The XL500 with the '59 is the combo used by Nuno Bettencourt...definitely they work good together!
                      '90 (8?) Jackson Soloist Professional
                      '97 Jackson RR1 Pile o'skulls
                      '97 Gibson Les Paul Classic
                      '92 Fender Strat scallop
                      '97 BC Rich perfect Bich
                      '99 Burns Brian May black beauty

Comment

The Invader doesn't have much treble so it doesn't get used for leads much(except by Vivian back in the Dio days), but that what the neck pickup is for right.

Comment

Actually was just thumbing through the Bloodline 'Dream Book' and one of the Mortons on display has an Invader in the bridge (though I know they dont come like that stock).

Comment

Go with an X2N from DiMarzio. Screaming pickup in the bridge position.
                            Guitars:
                            Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                            1988 Model 2,
                            Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                            RR3
                            Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                            1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                            2005 SG Special

Comment

Since the guitar is chambered mahogany, the invader is going to be really bassy in that guitar. I have a duncan full shred in mine and it sounds really good.

Comment

Working...
                              X