What is the difference ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the difference ?

Between Usa , Pro , Imported ....Do the Pro are Usa ...if yes why are they called pro and not USA ....? sorry if it's been asked before but my computer wanna explose when I try to use the search function ahha

The Pro/Professional series are made in Japan.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Rundown on Jackson series of guitars:

USA Select Series
      Most expensive by a long way. Made in USA, mainly neck-thru, top of the range with all the trimmings. Seymour Duncans, OFRs, Ebony fretboards, Mother of Pearl Inlays, the works.

Pro Series
      Made in Japan, cheaper than USA Select. These come with Duncans, but most have licensed FRs. Most of the Pro series is bolt on, with a few more expensive neck-thru models. They save money by using rosewood instead of ebony, no binding, and MOTO inlays isntead of MOP. Most of these differences are purely cosmetic and they are still really nice playing and sounding guitars

MG Series
      Like the Pro series but use EMG pickups and often have Piranha tooth inlays instead of sharkies.

X Series
      Also made in Japan (I think) but slightly cheaper than Pro, with Duncan Designed pickups instead of genuine Duncans, and the slightly less stable chrome plated licensed FR instead of the black ones on pros.

JS Series
      Entry level guitars, made in India.

Normally on the forum all non-USA guitars are referred to as imports, but since I'm a Brit all Jacksons are imports to me!
      I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Confuse-a-Cat View Post
        Rundown on Jackson series of guitars:

USA Select Series
        Most expensive by a long way. Made in USA, mainly neck-thru, top of the range with all the trimmings. Seymour Duncans, OFRs, Ebony fretboards, Mother of Pearl Inlays, the works.

Pro Series
        Made in Japan, cheaper than USA Select. These come with Duncans, but most have licensed FRs. Most of the Pro series is bolt on, with a few more expensive neck-thru models. They save money by using rosewood instead of ebony, no binding, and MOTO inlays isntead of MOP. Most of these differences are purely cosmetic and they are still really nice playing and sounding guitars

MG Series
        Like the Pro series but use EMG pickups and often have Piranha tooth inlays instead of sharkies.

X Series
        Also made in Japan (I think) but slightly cheaper than Pro, with Duncan Designed pickups instead of genuine Duncans, and the slightly less stable chrome plated licensed FR instead of the black ones on pros.

JS Series
        Entry level guitars, made in India.

Normally on the forum all non-USA guitars are referred to as imports, but since I'm a Brit all Jacksons are imports to me!
        lol, nice ok so my Jackson RR5 is a Pro series nice shit ! I'm on the way for a RR1 but I'm always hesitating between RR1 and RR1T

Comment

not to mention the awesome 90-95 professional series. As good as USA model, less expensive, top of the line, 098765432% better than todays pro series, some model has bindings, MOP inlays, MOP logo. all ya have to do is swap the pickups
          and yes, i decided to have fun with my college loans, and upgrade my stuff. after seeing reviews, and thanks to my disappointment of the Demmel-V, i bought a Rhoads PRO instead of RR1. the avg used RR1 is about 1k ish, and i got my rhoad pro for 720 locally. Esp the fact that this gtr seems to be used for display or air guitarring since it doesnt really have any fret wears, and it has tiny paint chip on each wings makes me very happy
          Own:
          '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
          w/e catches my eyes ATM
          More '90 Professionals

Comment

Where does my SL3 or RR3 fit into that wee list? Somewhere between Pro and X?
            And the JDR 94 Concept?

It's all a bit confusing!
            http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

SL3 and RR3 goes under "today's Pro"
              sorry, my jackson knowledge doesnt provide me enough info w. the concept series...
              Own:
              '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
              w/e catches my eyes ATM
              More '90 Professionals

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                Where does my SL3 or RR3 fit into that wee list? Somewhere between Pro and X?
                And the JDR 94 Concept?

It's all a bit confusing!
                They're both pro. The SL3 is one of the higher end pros, and the RR3 is one of the more standard bolt on pros. Usually all the guitars with a '3' designation are pro. The X series has model names like RX10D.
                I'm afraid I don't know too much about the JDR 94 though.

Comment

And the JDR 94 Concept?
                  In between the JS and the X series. Made in Japan with the hardware that would come on todays JS floyded guitars. The concepts were renamed performer then production changed to korea, I think they were then just called the PS then to india as the JS series. I think I'm close

Comment

Not all Professional models are "Pro" models, though.

Comment

now I'm all confused ....I'll go for an RR1 and that's it Snow White , Black Pinstipre ftw !

Comment

Originally posted by HugoLC View Post
                        now I'm all confused ....I'll go for an RR1 and that's it Snow White , Black Pinstipre ftw !
                        Yes, as much as I love Jacksons their model numbers can be quite confusing at times. Jumping straight to the RR1 does eliminate the confusion though! White with black pinstripe is awesome. Go for it!

Like toejam posted, the Professional series from the early 90s are quite different from today's Pro series. Back then, the Professional series (which said professional on the headstock) used pretty much the same materials as the USA models, but were assembled more cheaply (on a production line in Japan) than the USA models. The problem was that they were so good, people stopped buying USA Jacksons, so Jackson stopped the Professional series, and developed the Pro series like we have today - good guitars but lacking certain features that USA models have so that people will still want to buy USA Jacksons.

The model numbers annoy me a little too - for example DK2, KE2, KV2. Naturally you would assume that these should be the same quality level, but no! The DK is pro and the KE and KV are USA. It's a little annoying that the numbers aren't as consistent as they should be especially because it could easily confuse people who are new to Jacksons. There are more examples of this too, like the SL3, which you would expect to be equivalent to the RR3, but actually it's more equivalent to the RR5/RR5FR/RR24 sort of level.
                        Gah.

[/rant]
                        Last edited by Confuse-a-Cat; 10-15-2008, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Yes, as much as I love Jacksons their model numbers can be quite confusing at times. Jumping straight to the RR1 does eliminate the confusion though! White with black pinstripe is awesome. Go for it!

Like toejam posted, the Professional series from the early 90s are quite different from today's Pro series. Back then, the Professional series (which said professional on the headstock) used pretty much the same materials as the USA models, but were assembled more cheaply (on a production line in Japan) than the USA models. The problem was that they were so good, people stopped buying USA Jacksons, so Jackson stopped the Professional series, and developed the Pro series like we have today - good guitars but lacking certain features that USA models have so that people will still want to buy USA Jacksons.

The model numbers annoy me a little too - for example DK2, KE2, KV2. Naturally you would assume that these should be the same quality level, but no! The DK is pro and the KE and KV are USA. It's a little annoying that the numbers aren't as consistent as they should be especially because it could easily confuse people who are new to Jacksons. There are more examples of this too, like the SL3, which you would expect to be equivalent to the RR3, but actually it's more equivalent to the RR5/RR5FR/RR24 sort of level.
                          Gah.

[/rant]

Ok Thanks , now I understand :idea:, haha , I'm dying to get my RR1 but I have to wait 'till winter , cause now I'm at school and I can't work at the moment so ...GOD I WANT IT !!!! I get bored of RR5 lately ...

Comment

The model numbers annoy me a little too - for example DK2, KE2, KV2. Naturally you would assume that these should be the same quality level, but no! The DK is pro and the KE and KV are USA. It's a little annoying that the numbers aren't as consistent as they should be especially because it could easily confuse people who are new to Jacksons.
                            What's even more confusing is there used to be a Professional KV2, which was a 22-fret, bolt-on King V, with dot inlays, before they made it neck-thru and USA with 24 frets.

Comment

Working...
                            X