Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a Professional worth?

Saw this on craigslist:

Don't even know if it is still available, but if it is, I am thinking about making an offer. I just have no idea what they are worth. The seller states that it is late 80's or early 90's.
    1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
    Jackson SLATQH
    Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
    Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
    Jackson DKMGT (project)
    Kramer Focus 1000
    Ibanez SDGR Bass
    Ovation Celebrity
    Martin Backpacker

Looks like a early to mid 90's Dinky Reverse.
    Scan closed eBay auctions.. there's been a few of these up recently.
    I think most went in the $350 to $450 range.
    -Rick

Comment

Those are the shit I can tell you that!That finish was discontinued in 93.The early ones had pickup rings some did some didn't.
      There is no primer under what little paint is on there and they resonate like crazy.
      The maple/maple necks are some of the thinnest that Jackson made.I've had plenty of these to compare and the rosewood necks are a bit thicker but still pretty thin.
      It should have the Schaller JT-590 trem I did have a stone finish one that had the JT 580 LP trem made by Takaguci some thing or another.The bridge pickup should be the dual rail hum and they rock.
      These are very high quality guitars go get it!
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Is the guitar a neck thur or bolt on? I say go for it! I have a RR std professional and it is sweet. Great guitar.

Hey Rick , I see your from Phoenix, me too. Do you play in a band in the valley?

Scotti

Comment

Originally posted by Scotti View Post
          Is the guitar a neck thur or bolt on? I say go for it! I have a RR std professional and it is sweet. Great guitar.

Hey Rick , I see your from Phoenix, me too. Do you play in a band in the valley?

Scotti
          Those are bolt-ons.
          I haven't been in a band since 2005.
          The last one was Black Rayn.
          -Rick

Comment

300.top's unless it's in perfect condition.I bought one on the bay 225.no shipping charge.the rail pickup is great!
            Last edited by john.w.lawson; 10-16-2008, 06:33 PM.
            I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
              300.top's unless it's in perfect condition.I bought one on the bay 225.no shipping charge.the rail npickup is great!
              I agree - prices for these things are a steal these days. The last early 90's Dinky Professional I picked up on CL was $150 with a like-new case.

I think the stone finish is a love-it or hate-it type of finish, which should negate any "omg, rare finish!" kinds of up-charges.
              Your friendly neighborhood import whore :: '08 DK2M, '08 DKMG, '03 KVX10, '94 Dinky Rev.

Comment

He sent me some more pics detailing some areas I wanted to see. It loks to be in great condition.

Confirmed it has a Schaller made Floyd Rose
                No pick up rings and does have the hot rails pickup in the bridge position.
                The Truss rod cover has Dinky Rev. on it, and it does say Professional on the headstock.

The serial number is 215xxx

I know it is hard to date an import with the serial number, but if anyone has anymore info about when it could have been mande, I would appreciate it.

He is asking almost $400 for it, which is a non starter for me. I am going to see if he will negotiate.
                1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                Jackson SLATQH
                Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                Jackson DKMGT (project)
                Kramer Focus 1000
                Ibanez SDGR Bass
                Ovation Celebrity
                Martin Backpacker

Comment

Fixed!

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                  300.top's unless it's in perfect condition.I bought one on the bay 225.no shipping charge.the rail npickup is total crap!!
                  Fixed!!

Comment

Looks just like my Craig's List Dinky, but different paint job. I paid $275 but mine needs some work. Yeah, don't pay $400. He's a seller -- just trying to make some dough. Can't blame him.
                    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

1992, not hard to date at all by that serial.

And while not the thinnest neck Jackson put on an import, it is fairly thin. However, the one I had felt very wide, like an ESP Kamikaze.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                      X