Got a Jackson DK2 EDS - Lovely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Jackson DK2 EDS - Lovely

Couldn't resist this beauty on Craigslist. I got it for cheap and it suffices for my musical skill and commitment.

Jackson DK2 Eerie Dess Swirl w/ SD pickups and Jackson LoPro Trem. Here are some pics from the previous owner and frankly I'm not going to take more pics cuz everytime I take my own pics of the guitar they get used for when I sell it. So not gonna do it this time - this stays.

The tone is just out of this world. I love Alder and will never go to anything else. Just the combination of the JB in the bridge and alder makes almost every 7 string I have played/owned seem like a waste of time/money/effort. Also the action on this baby is amazingly low strung up with EBs 9-42. Originally was gonna put on some 10-52s and tune to D but now I'm not so sure.

Anyways here are some pics.

Last edited by djpharoah; 10-20-2008, 07:35 PM.

are the mid and neck pickups single coils or stacked hums?

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post

are the mid and neck pickups single coils or stacked hums?
      Stacked Hums - I like them but its a huge volume drop from bridge to neck. I'm so used to HH that I might need to swap that neck out for something with a bit more output. I believe its an SD STK1.

Comment

That thing looks minty .. nice score..

Comment

ha ha thats funny as hell. i got one off of craigslist today too!! eerie dess swirl even. got mine for $200 but its the one with the chrome hardware. no biggie tho cause i had an old black takeuchi charvel trem sittin around and a x2n to drop in the bridge. i never use the other pickups so i just disconnected it, now all i need are black tuning pegs and nut blocks. yours is def more minty than mine tho. i like it, necks thicker than i'm used to. not sure how yours feels. i got sn 9707350

Comment

Looking for one of these now.

GREAT score! Looks amazing!

Comment

Thanks guys - jdr94 - thats just way to crazy that we both got the same guitar.

Comment

yeah but you got the good one. yours has real duncans and mine has dd. from what i've read the black trems are better quality even tho theyre both jt580lp's. i dont see a difference tho, other than chrome looks cheap.LOL. heres mine so far. changed the trem and bridgePU, gonna get some black knobs today and hopefully some black tuners.

Comment

You must be in SoCal. I've seen that guitar on CL.
                  8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                    yeah but you got the good one. yours has real duncans and mine has dd. from what i've read the black trems are better quality even tho theyre both jt580lp's. i dont see a difference tho, other than chrome looks cheap.LOL. heres mine so far. changed the trem and bridgePU, gonna get some black knobs today and hopefully some black tuners.
                    As far as I know, the design of the black and chrome trems are the same, but the black ones use harder materials, which are advantageous in trems. That's just information I seem to have picked up hanging around here.

Nice EDS axes to both of you! I recently bought a DK2M new, and I considered EDS but in the end I went with the classic shred vibe of the white one. Of course it was cheaper too!
                    I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Originally posted by FloydRose4Prez View Post
                      You must be in SoCal. I've seen that guitar on CL.
                      Yeah bro - I live in OC.

Comment

LOL and i'm in soCar(olina)

Comment

Nice score, EDS rules, I have it on my RR3. I left the chrome on mine, I like the look of it better, the black hardware on the newer ones doesn't set off the finish as well as chrome IMO....
                          I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

Updated pics.

Comment

Originally posted by djpharoah View Post
                              Yeah bro - I live in OC.
                              L.A. We "troll" the same CL ads. Good stuff, though. Just scored a Charvel case for my Dinky Reverse last Saturday. $45. I was all over it.
                              Born & raised in OC...
                              8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

Comment

Working...
                              X