Identify this Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bfloyd6969 View Post
    Hello all. Well, I went ahead and got the SDK2. I was able to talk the owner down a bit more. This has the JT580 trem and I was curious to know if there are any mods than need to be done with this trem or if it is a good trem out of the box. Should I consider a better trem - perhaps a Floyd Original or Pro?

Also, the back trem cavity cover is missing and I was needing to know where I can get a replacement. Thanks.
    Congrats on the purchase.

I'm not familiar with the trem, but if you search here (or on google) for JT580, you'll find a lot of information; it appears that the early ones were good and the later ones, eh, less so. Alternatively, if you post a new thread in the Tech Q&A section, you'll probably get a better local response.

Many people who have floyds ditch the back cover all together. If you want a replacement, folks here will send you to Dave at fretsonthenet.com to have one fabricated. Dave is a member here (budman68) and you'll find plenty of testimonials for him and his work in the feedback section (also look for the "My Wife the Luthier" thread in the tech section - it's a great read).

Last of all, don't forget to post some pics of your new guitar. They're quite rare and I, for one, would definitely like to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by laihojrxo View Post
      im personally not a big fans of todays dinky, but a dinky w/ sustainic....man more cool stuff could be done on it
      i say go for it. esp the fact thet you liked the body.
      You do realize he's not talking about the DK2S, or the DK2 with a Sustainiac, right? He's talking about the SDK2, or the import version of the Super-Dinky.
      "Dear Dr. Bill,
      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
        You do realize he's not talking about the DK2S, or the DK2 with a Sustainiac, right? He's talking about the SDK2, or the import version of the Super-Dinky.
        This is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
          Congrats on the purchase.

I'm not familiar with the trem, but if you search here (or on google) for JT580, you'll find a lot of information; it appears that the early ones were good and the later ones, eh, less so. Alternatively, if you post a new thread in the Tech Q&A section, you'll probably get a better local response.

Many people who have floyds ditch the back cover all together. If you want a replacement, folks here will send you to Dave at fretsonthenet.com to have one fabricated. Dave is a member here (budman68) and you'll find plenty of testimonials for him and his work in the feedback section (also look for the "My Wife the Luthier" thread in the tech section - it's a great read).

Last of all, don't forget to post some pics of your new guitar. They're quite rare and I, for one, would definitely like to see it.
          Thanks for the tip. I'll post pics in a couple of days.

Comment

Here's some pics of the SDK2 Super Dinky I just got . . .

It's a real nice player.
            Last edited by bfloyd6969; 11-07-2008, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Man...in the pics it looks like it should be a 7 string guitar. The neck looks so damn wide on that body style.
              I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
                Man...in the pics it looks like it should be a 7 string guitar. The neck looks so damn wide on that body style.
                LOL, yeah, I figure that's due to the smaller body.

Comment

Congratulations. It's a good looking guitar with a mad finish. Pretty rare too, I expect.

Comment

(I hope I didn't break any forum rules by posting this. If so, just let me know and delete it)

ADMIN EDIT:
                    Last edited by toejam; 11-06-2008, 12:39 AM. Reason: Against forum rules

Comment

Originally posted by bfloyd6969 View Post
                      (I hope I didn't break any forum rules by posting this. If so, just let me know and delete it)

ADMIN EDIT:
                      Thanks, understood.

Comment

Working...
                      X