Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When were the Purple flame top rhoads made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When were the Purple flame top rhoads made?

I just bought a x series rhoads and it has a purple flame top. Made in India(grr! forgot they used to make those there) Serial # 01010490,
    duncan designed pickups and jt500 trem. I have only seen 2 others in this color so I couldn't resist at $250. Last one went for over $400.
    When did they make these purple ones?
    I post pictures of the body after I clean it up a bit.

I'm thinking 2000-2001 but purple is not listed.

Comment

I'm guessing 2001, based on the serial.

Comment

My buddy has one, made in Japan... gotta check the serial next time I'm there.

He wanted to buy an RR case for his RR Pro so he bought this one on eBay with case for an apple and an egg.
        The guitar was so good that he kept it...
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

My buddy has one, made in Japan... gotta check the serial next time I'm there.

He wanted to buy an RR case for his RR Pro so he bought this one on eBay with case for an apple and an egg.
          The guitar was so good that he kept it...
          That sounds like one of the earlier higher end ones. I have seen one from 96 that had that pinkish flame top. I have a dinky like that. There were also the quilt top pinkish ones too from94-95ish that had matching headstocks.
          Last edited by Rich#6; 10-30-2008, 12:17 PM.

Comment

It's an RX10D, Duncan Designed pickups. I just don't know the year yet.
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Finally took a picture

Comment

Wow, that's neat. I can't recall ever seeing them in purple.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

After taking off the pickup ring it almost looks like it could have been blue but faded. There was a few darker spots that seem to come out more looking at the picture here.
                  I have seen a few this color though. Maybe it's the same one again and again on ebay. It's purple so I love it!

Comment

Could be faded, but Jackson has done some weird runs before with odd specs. Either way, it's still killer!
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Right where the V is on the guitar, on the long wing, it appears blue. I think I have seen another one of these that was a victim of fading over time.

Comment

Hi I bought one used a year ago on seattle craiglist,havent seen another untill now,pretty unique,ill post a pic soon ,my serial number is #010109xx if that helps determine the year (i could'nt find any info on it??i would like to know the details too)mine doesnt have any fading, it has the black bevels too.the back is trans purple showing the woodgrain.good luck with your search!
                        Last edited by highvoltage; 02-16-2009, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          Could be faded, but Jackson has done some weird runs before with odd specs. Either way, it's still killer!

If that logic is correct, in 10 years are we gunna have a bunch of the red ones go from being firey red flame tops to power puff pink? LOL, wouldnt that be a kick in the pants for anyone who plays one in a death metal band and doesnt switch guitars like forever.
                          www.myspace.com/memnochband
                          www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

that would look sweet with gold hardware

nice 1

Comment

I could do with a WR1 in that finish
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X