JX10 w/ three single coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JX10 w/ three single coils

Hello everyone. Does anyone know where I might be able to find one of these? I seen it in the 2003 catalog linked from this site and would really like to find one. I have been wanting to find a three single coil Jackson (import, as that's all this poor man can afford) with the 3 per side headstock, and seen this while sifting through the pages of the catalog. Obviously, Jackson isn't offering this any more . . . Thanks.
    Last edited by bfloyd6969; 10-31-2008, 06:34 AM.

there were just a couple of these sold last week on ebay. Usually sellers
    have no idea of the model so you have to do the looking through all the
    jackson listings...

Best
    Regards,

Son Of Spy
    1976 Gibson Mk53
    1988 Charvel Model 3
    1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse (DR5)

Questions are a burden to others; answers are a prison for oneself.

Comment

Originally posted by sonofspy View Post
      there were just a couple of these sold last week on ebay. Usually sellers
      have no idea of the model so you have to do the looking through all the
      jackson listings...

Best
      Regards,

Son Of Spy
      Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open for them.

Is this the only import that Jackson offered with three single coils? I'm looking to have a Jackstrat

Comment

i had one a long time ago. it was pretty cool. the pickups were actually duncan designed hot rails. it was pretty hot on the output. i liked everything about it except the sharp fret ends that kept cutting my hand....
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
          i had one a long time ago. it was pretty cool. the pickups were actually duncan designed hot rails. it was pretty hot on the output. i liked everything about it except the sharp fret ends that kept cutting my hand....
          They look cool. I like the simplicity of the single coil setup. I would change the rails to traditional single coils though - maybe noisless, not sure about that. I also really like the three per side headstock too.

Comment

Found this, but does the price seem a bit high for these?

Comment

i paid $225 for mine brand new. it was made in india though....seems high to me, but you want one and that one looks to be in good shape. it's really your call.
              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bfloyd6969 View Post
                Hello everyone. Does anyone know where I might be able to find one of these? I seen it in the 2003 catalog linked from this site and would really like to find one. I have been wanting to find a three single coil Jackson (import, as that's all this poor man can afford) with the 3 per side headstock, and seen this while sifting through the pages of the catalog. Obviously, Jackson isn't offering this any more . . . Thanks.

I had two JX10's at one point... both made in India and fairly close serial numbers too.

My first one kicked ass. It was well built, played nice and I could get a pretty brutal sound from the hot rails.

Second one was built like crap, played like crap and sounded terrible.

I wouldn't buy one without being able to play it or hear it, they appear to be very inconsistent quality wise.

Comment

Yeah, I agree that with the Indie's they are a hit and miss. I too have played some from Indi that just screamed and others that just croaked. I would rather find one that I could play before buying but that may never happen.

I did pass on the ebay one though. I was hoping that maybe someone on the forum had one they would want to sell. I think I would rather trust a forum member over a very vague ebay item.

Comment

Working...
                  X