Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KVX10 heavy neck problem...

Hi There

I live in venezuela so you have to excuse my english.

I Just got my Jackson KVX10...
    I heard about the tilt down problem with the head and I was wondering how it can be fixed...
    I heard of people who replace the upper left neckplate screw with the strap buttons...
    Can someone who fixed the problem help me with it? If so can you post some pictures?

Thanks in advance

dont worry abt it man, no one give a shit about grammer and whatnot =D
    i had a kvx10 once, i didnt have that problem...but i guess it could be fixed by putting counter weight on the body (lol jk).
    Own:
    '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
    w/e catches my eyes ATM
    More '90 Professionals

Comment

Let me see if I can find my old pics.
      Just move the strap screw to the middle of the neck plate. Just like where's it's placed on a USA model..middle of the neck/body. I do that to all my RR imports. Gimme a bit to find the pics.

Comment

Use uber heavy palm muting to compensate, that's what I do.
        Careful if you have a floyd though
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven
        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

I moved the strap button on my KVX10 to the top right (when looking at the neck plate) neck screw and it's significantly better than the stock location. Using a leather strap also helps to prevent neck dive.
          Your friendly neighborhood import whore :: '08 DK2M, '08 DKMG, '03 KVX10, '94 Dinky Rev.

Comment

I always move the rear button on mine. I measure 3" from the V and slap it there. No problems on any of my KV's.
            I'd never drill a hole into my neck plate for any reason.
            +1 on the leather strap too, that works on some guitars.
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
              Just move the strap screw to the middle of the neck plate. Just like where's it's placed on a USA model..middle of the neck/body. I do that to all my RR imports. Gimme a bit to find the pics.
              Excellent advice. I did that to my KVX10 and it works like a charm. Neck dive problems become a thing of the past.
              - Adam

Comment

Originally posted by laihojrxo View Post
                but i guess it could be fixed by putting counter weight on the body (lol jk).
                just kidding?

I did just that... I have not only relocated the strap button on my KVX10 but have also wrapped a power cable up and put the strap through that one, so it hangs directly under the top wing. It's perfect now (and I have a spare power cable if I need one... )
                http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Well, the problem isn't solved with using a non-slip strap, you're just treating the symptom and transferring that downward pull to your shoulder.

Just get a neck bolt that is 1/2" longer than normal and put a strap pin on it. Put that neck bolt in either one of the holes closest to the headstock - left or right doesn't matter.

This shifts the guitar's balance point to the rear so the guitar will stay tilted up in a more playable position without putting excess strain on your shoulder, and without adding weights.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i fixed mine the day ii got it by putting the button on the top right of the neck plate.
                    Maybe the dingo at your baby?

Comment

Originally posted by guitarsjb View Post
                      That's what I did. Works pretty damn good.
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

Thnx guys for all the help...

when you move the strap button to the top right of the neck plate, do you use the neck plate screw?

Keep rockin'...

Comment

You might have to find a neck bolt that is slightly longer, and a strap pin through which the bolt will pass.

The neck bolt has to be long enough to go in as deep as the original bolt did but also compensate for the thickness of the strap pin.

Or you can use a metal washer around the bolt to hold the strap in place. If you're using a DiMarzio ClipLock strap, remove the metal insert of the strap end and dig out the fabric to let the neck bolt pass through. Again, though, you'll probably need a slightly longer bolt because the strap end on those is almost as thick as a standard strap pin.

I used a locking nut clamp as a washer for the neck bolt on one of guitars that has a ClipLock strap on it and is attached via the neckplate.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                          X