Good purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good purchase

Still being new to Jacksons - but knowing that I want another one, is this RR worth what they're asking? Thanks.

It's not too bad if it's in good shape, but you might wanna shop around for a Rhoads Professional which was better quality for roughly the same price or a little higher.
    But if that one is in decent shape go for it, but try to haggle the price if you can.
    The Performer series weren't bad, but the trems and pups were not very good.
    I had a PS3T one time and it was a nice player.

edit: the HS case is worth about $50-75 in used shape by itself, so I guess it isnt a bad deal really.
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
      It's not too bad if it's in good shape, but you might wanna shop around for a Rhoads Professional which was better quality for roughly the same price or a little higher.
      But if that one is in decent shape go for it, but try to haggle the price if you can.
      The Performer series weren't bad, but the trems and pups were not very good.
      I had a PS3T one time and it was a nice player.

edit: the HS case is worth about $50-75 in used shape by itself, so I guess it isnt a bad deal really.
      Cool, thanks. Haven't seen it or played it yet, only found it online. The shop is about an hour drive so maybe over the weekend. I did notice that they had it for a while so maybe I can talk them down quite a bit. I always try to haggle prices, even if it's already a good deal . . .

Comment

The price is good because a) people usually want a neck thru RR, and b) people who buy Jacksons usually expect sharkies, ebony and binding.

You just need to ask yourself if you owned this guitar, could you sell it for what you are willing to buy it for. If the answer is yes, it's a good deal.

Comment

I didn't know if I could get my money back on this if I were to re-sell. I probably wouldn't buy it if I wanted to sell it again in the future. I like to keep things . . .

Comment

this guitar is a bolt on isn't it?

click
            click
            Last edited by phill_up; 11-05-2008, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Yeah, the PS3T was a bolt on.
              'Howling in shadows
              Living in a lunar spell
              He finds his heaven

Comment

thats just a ps3, ps3t is string through.
                and i could tell ya that ps3 has a very very thin neck, thinnest i've ever played. really flat as well. and yeah, it is a bolt on...when you get it, its a good idea to swap the pickup with a bill lawrence usa or something since the stock pups are horrible. and as for the price...its a good deal, however it'll be a better idea if you could get it as low as possible since the economy is going down the drain =)
                Own:
                '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
                w/e catches my eyes ATM
                More '90 Professionals

Comment

i knew that the RR1T or the KV2T was a string thru but all of the PS3Ts seem to have a trem hmmm...
                  Maybe the JT500 "pic"
                  from what I can gather the PS3T was the trem model click "here"
                  it also looks like it was called the PS-37 by a few people "here"
                  okay I found this the Ps3 = no trem Ps3T = Trem.
                  another thing to take into consideration is the JT500 isnt a popular trem and it doesnt look like an OFR or a JT580 would just drop in, maybe a shaller 590, I could be wrong though.
                  Last edited by phill_up; 11-05-2008, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phill_up View Post
                    it also looks like it was called the PS-37 by a few people "here"
                    that's a common mistake due to the script used to signify the model on the truss rod cover. The capital T looks a bit like a 7
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, this one has the trem.

Comment

Originally posted by laihojrxo View Post
                        thats just a ps3, ps3t is string through.
                        Nope. It's a PS3T. The old models had the T designation for trem. The T nowadays stands for models with the tunomatic bridge. I've got no clue what the hell Jackson was thinking.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          Nope. It's a PS3T. The old models had the T designation for trem. The T nowadays stands for models with the tunomatic bridge. I've got no clue what the hell Jackson was thinking.
                          Exactly!
                          'Howling in shadows
                          Living in a lunar spell
                          He finds his heaven

Comment

bfloyd6969, you may be able to find a RR3 that would have real Duncans and a JT580 for slightly more on eBay "click"

you will want to watch out for guitars like this "click" this is supposed to be an '08 model but it doesn't have the real duncans
                            Last edited by phill_up; 11-06-2008, 10:17 AM.

Comment

i bought mine new in 94 for a little over $400 w/ a HSC if that helps any. i liked it though i havent played all the rhoads guitars. i have a 94pro and the strings feel like theyre a half inch closer to the body than the ps3-t. I'm glad we all know its a ps3-t and not ps3-7 like some idiot ebayers.

Comment

Working...
                              X