Rr5 > rr1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rr5 > rr1

So I was going to buy an RR1 but I get disapointed , the aren't better than man RR5, I like the feel of my RR5 X 100 anyway I was confused is it me or the neck of the RR1 is much more thin than the RR5 ?

really?! my rr5 is nowhere near as good as my 94 pro which is supposed to be very close to an rr1. i guess its preference cause i love thin.

Comment

My RR5 is a great guitar, but no where near the quality and feel of my RR1.

Comment

i've never played either of em. but based on rr1's similarity to my rhoads pro, i'd say that its an amazing guitar.
        Own:
        '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
        w/e catches my eyes ATM
        More '90 Professionals

Comment

The RR5 and the RR1 are listed as both having the same neck dimensions.
          So other than the fret dressing and overall attention to detail, they shouldn't feel much different in the shape.

Comment

yeah it must be the oil and ebony that just makes my pro feel faster than the rr5, maybe the binding. i always feel better playin bound necks. not only that, because of the string thru on the rr5 the strings seem much farther from the body.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
              not only that, because of the string thru on the rr5 the strings seem much farther from the body.
              Because the strings are higher off the body on the RR5 (and RR1T). The neck is angled back more for the TOM bridge, like on a Les Paul. A regular RR1 or any other guitar with a recessed trem will have the strings closer to the body.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Because the strings are higher off the body on the RR5 (and RR1T). The neck is angled back more for the TOM bridge, like on a Les Paul. A regular RR1 or any other guitar with a recessed trem will have the strings closer to the body.
                A top mounted Floyd gives the same impression and feel as a string thru.
                I prefer recessed floyds because of that.
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven
                Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                  A top mounted Floyd gives the same impression and feel as a string thru.
                  I prefer recessed floyds because of that.
                  I'm actually the opposite and prefer the non-recessed Floyds. Though, I can get along fine with recessed, and I do have a hardtail Fender Strat which puts the strings closer to the body, but I just prefer the bridge higher up for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    I'm actually the opposite and prefer the non-recessed Floyds. Though, I can get along fine with recessed, and I do have a hardtail Fender Strat which puts the strings closer to the body, but I just prefer the bridge higher up for the most part.
                    Do you shim your neck to get your action low again?
                    'Howling in shadows
                    Living in a lunar spell
                    He finds his heaven
                    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

No, I've never had to do any neck shimming on anything (anything bolt-on, that is!). Though, when I had my Charvel Star, I did use that guitar for divebombs only, dropped the non-recessed trem to the body and shimmed the saddles up so they wouldn't bottom out on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                        Do you shim your neck to get your action low again?
                        hard to shim a neckthru

there's no need to. The neck angle is adjusted to account for the higher bridge position. So the height of the strings relative to the fretboard is about the same.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          hard to shim a neckthru
                          I'm pretty sure Newc could find a way. :ROTF:

Comment

I had a rr5 and loved it , I have played a few rr1s and didn't like them. I too thought the necks were thicker. They were set up pretty bad so that probably made a big difference in me liking them though.

Comment

Working...
                            X