RR5...is it worth $900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR5...is it worth $900

I have been watching an RR5 sit in a local music store for quite some time now and I want to know what it is really worth brand new? Should I pay $900 for it with a hardshell case included?

New MAP is $1100ish. used they go for 500 to 750 depending on condition.

Comment

Originally posted by miller View Post
      I have been watching an RR5 sit in a local music store for quite some time now and I want to know what it is really worth brand new? Should I pay $900 for it with a hardshell case included?
      Just have a look around online and see what sort of prices that shops are charging. I'm not too knowledgeable on US prices so I can't really say myself.
      I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

It's a new RR5 with a case? 900 seems fair. I paid a grand for mine a couple of years ago without a case.

Comment

Not when you can get a beautiful RR1 in the classifieds for $1040 shipped.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Hi Guys,
              I had a Randy Rhoads back in 1985 that I sold, and don't regret dumping. I now have an RR5 (made in Japan) in Ivory. My New RR5 is a much better guitar then the original RRhoads I owned. The action is better, the tone is better. Please dont get me wrong, I'm not bagging on the old Jacksons, I still own my original 1985 USA Custom Jackson Soloist made for me, and I love it. I also own a USA Dink 1. At one time, I had 6 USA Jacksons (all there was at the time was USA jacksons) but got to tell you though, the tone of the original RRhoads from 1985 was awful. The alder wood used now sounds so much better then the poplar they used back then. The neck is also better. The action is a dream compaired to the 1985 one. The old one might be worth more money, but my RR5 is a better all around guitar then my old RRhoads. I'm looking at getting a second RR5 in Black to go with the Ivory one. Just my two cents..... So my answer is yes, the RR5 is worth $900.00. If you don't want it, and its black, tell me where it is and I'll buy it. HaHaHa

Laars
              Last edited by Laars; 01-06-2009, 02:38 PM.

Comment

$900 New with a jackson hardshell is fair.. if it sounds good go for it

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post

I agree

Comment

See if they'll come down on the price a bit. The worst thing that can happen is that they say no.
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah- always haggle.

Comment

This thread is 2 months old, it's probably a done deal by now
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Ive seen them go on ebay for like 400 bucks, but you never know what your getting on Ebay, I've had some luck with my Epi Les paul custom that I searched all over to get (Antique Ivory) and it plays perfect and I got it for just 500 bucks, at the time they were going for 600 new plus that colour wasnt available. I'd say give ebay a search, but like most of you know, the E stands for Evil.
                          Also, 900 bucks is reasonable for a new one if its been sitting in a shop, just throw on new strings for sanitary reasons, and tighten up all the hardware because the shops never seem to, every shop I go to, at least one guitar has a volume knob or somthing thats almost ready to fall off.
                          www.myspace.com/memnochband
                          www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

Working...
                          X