King V Pro vs King V Std?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King V Pro vs King V Std?

I tried to search for this, but can anybody tell me about the differences in the King V pro vs the standard?

Thanks!
    My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

The Pro is neck-thru with bound, 24-fret ebony board. The Standard is bolt-on with 22-fret rosewood board.
    http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=62&pos=19
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

^ what Toe said.

I had a KV Std a few years back. Very well-built guitar. If you're looking to get one, I'd say they're worth around $200-$300.
      Scott

Comment

I'd say the only thing that's not different between those two guitars is the body shape

Comment

What's even more confusing is that the King V Std has "Professional" on the headstock.
          Here's my White 1993 King V Std.

These are great guitars in my opinion and are a sleeper.
          I bought mine for $210.00 on ebay about 2 years ago.
          I added the Bullseye and the EMG.
          'Howling in shadows
          Living in a lunar spell
          He finds his heaven
          Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Hehe, I stumbled across a necktru, with Mustaines signature on the headstock along with a truss-rod cover that says King V std..A mix-up perhaps?
            Last edited by MortenP; 11-19-2008, 03:27 PM.
            My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
              Hehe, I stumbled across a necktru, with Mustaines signature on the headstock along with a truss-rod cover that says King V std..A mix-up perhaps?
              Interesting. Definitely not a Std if it's neckthru with Dave's sig. That would be a Pro and they go for around $1500.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                What's even more confusing is that the King V Std has "Professional" on the headstock.
                They're both part of the Professional series, but the Standard is not a Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post

These are great guitars in my opinion and are a sleeper.
                  I bought mine for $210.00 on ebay about 2 years ago.
                  I added the Bullseye and the EMG.
                  sexy bullzeye bro. how much does it cost to get it done like that and where?
                  btw, i think you should post that sexy beast under the 1990 pro section
                  Own:
                  '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
                  w/e catches my eyes ATM
                  More '90 Professionals

Comment

Originally posted by laihojrxo View Post
                    sexy bullzeye bro. how much does it cost to get it done like that and where?
                    btw, i think you should post that sexy beast under the 1990 pro section
                    It's NOT a Pro. Just because it says Professional does not make it a Pro. The "Pro" series were neck-thru and had ebony boards, MOP inlays. They rivaled the USA series back in the day and were discontinued because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      It's NOT a Pro. Just because it says Professional does not make it a Pro. The "Pro" series were neck-thru and had ebony boards, MOP inlays. They rivaled the USA series back in the day and were discontinued because of that.
                      i know, i own 2 PROs...i know my stuff =D
                      i always abriviate professionals as pro and the real PRO as PRO...
                      and i was talking about this http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85965
                      Own:
                      '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
                      w/e catches my eyes ATM
                      More '90 Professionals

Comment

Well, that thread is also about Pros, not Professionals.

Comment

This is a vinyl decal and black pinstripes around the perimeter of the bevels.
                          I think it cost about $35.00 on ebay
                          Looks like paint until about 1 foot away. Cheap and easy and it's better than plain white I guess?

I was thinking about loading some pictures up sometime when I'm bored.
                          'Howling in shadows
                          Living in a lunar spell
                          He finds his heaven
                          Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Working...
                          X