Another Noob, with his DK2M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow,

I have a squire that sounds alot better than my jackson thru a computer....

My dad, has 4 fenders that sound great thru a computer....

If one of you guys downloaded the demo to Peavey Revalver, you will see this is not the same digital shit you get with Guitar Rig, this thing sounds better than most amps out today...

But none the less i will attempt to find an amp and have ago thru that....
    Jackson DK2M
    Jackson JS20
    BC Rich KKV
    Modified Fender Strat

Comment

FWIW, my Jackson DK2M (which I picked up for $300 out the door from GC) has that thick low-mid range tone which I absolutely love in my $1600 SL2HT. Its all stock. My DK2T on the other hand does not have that thick tone and disappointing tone-wise sometimes. buts its got the playability that is better than the DK2M and similar to the SL2HT.

Oh BTW, yes, all the three DK2M's they had on the floor had the knobs falling off. God know how many kids played on them and tried to steal the knobs to replace the knobs on their $50 squiers at home. You cant judge a guitar based on how the floor model is!
      Last edited by emperor_black; 11-23-2008, 12:17 PM.
      Sam

Comment

Lol, heres a thing for you all to try, you get a feel for how the guitar would sound by doing this.

Unplug your guitar from any amp, put the geetar in the playing postion on your lap, put your ear on the guitars wood, and play, you can hear the wood resonate, and the clarity of the wood.

Whenever i do that with my DK2M, well lets just leave it at that. lol

You talk about low and mid-range tone, Mine seems to be to trebely, clean sounds are harsh and lacks warmth.
        Jackson DK2M
        Jackson JS20
        BC Rich KKV
        Modified Fender Strat

Comment

Originally posted by RoG Shadow RV View Post
          Lol, heres a thing for you all to try, you get a feel for how the guitar would sound by doing this.

Unplug your guitar from any amp, put the geetar in the playing postion on your lap, put your ear on the guitars wood, and play, you can hear the wood resonate, and the clarity of the wood.

Whenever i do that with my DK2M, well lets just leave it at that. lol

You talk about low and mid-range tone, Mine seems to be to trebely, clean sounds are harsh and lacks warmth.
          Yeah, it could very well be a crap piece of wood, like my RR3 seems to be. But to judge it based on a computer amp isn't a good test. A real amplifier brings out the tone, natural harmonics, even feedback, much better than a computer. Can you get controlled feedback on your computer? I've never done it with Toneport.

Try it with a good amp, if it still sounds like crap, put Blackouts in it.
          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

I will do a couple of recordings for you all to hear when i get some time......
            Jackson DK2M
            Jackson JS20
            BC Rich KKV
            Modified Fender Strat

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
              Yeah, it could very well be a crap piece of wood, like my RR3 seems to be. But to judge it based on a computer amp isn't a good test. A real amplifier brings out the tone, natural harmonics, even feedback, much better than a computer. Can you get controlled feedback on your computer? I've never done it with Toneport.

Try it with a good amp, if it still sounds like crap, put Blackouts in it.
              Agreed. Computer amps and the like, there could be a lot of things going wrong there. Your sound-card for example, could have issues. Take the guitar to a music store and try it out on a good amp. Compare the tone with another guitar in the same store and see if there is a big difference.
              Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                FWIW, my Jackson DK2M (which I picked up for $300 out the door from GC) has that thick low-mid range tone which I absolutely love in my $1600 SL2HT. Its all stock. My DK2T on the other hand does not have that thick tone and disappointing tone-wise sometimes. buts its got the playability that is better than the DK2M and similar to the SL2HT.
                How in the world did you get a DK2M for $300 at Guitar Center???!!! They have tags on em for $649.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkThomas View Post
                  How in the world did you get a DK2M for $300 at Guitar Center???!!! They have tags on em for $649.
                  I know! That's why I'm so thrilled with the purchase. According to the salesman, they were clearing them out since they could not sell them. But they had them in the stores only for 6 months or so before that. And he told me that they are selling it for what they got it for. Actually, I got it for $260+tax. But I only got the inferno red. they wouldn't let go of the white for that price.
                  Sam

Comment

Go buy me one...

Comment

I know! That's why I'm so thrilled with the purchase. According to the salesman, they were clearing them out since they could not sell them. But they had them in the stores only for 6 months or so before that. And he told me that they are selling it for what they got it for. Actually, I got it for $260+tax. But I only got the inferno red. they wouldn't let go of the white for that price.
                      Dude I really wanted an Inferno Red but I ended up gettitng Snow White b\c that's all what I could find! I think the Red matches the maple fretboard more than the white.

If only we could just trade !

Comment

I think you just got a dud. The store won't even let you exchange it for the same model? That's not a very good policy.
                        Scott

Comment

I know it sucks, the geetar is currently in pieces with the neck off, looking to reset that locking nut at the top.... atleast i know for sure the body is alder now. phewww,
                          Jackson DK2M
                          Jackson JS20
                          BC Rich KKV
                          Modified Fender Strat

Comment

Go buy me one...
                            Sorry, that ship has sailed. They dont have that offer anymore. The hang-tags are back to the old price in the san jose GC.
                            Sam

Comment

I picked up a black one on the President's Day Sale for $216+tax. Hand a ding or two, but other than that, it was perfect. So I sent it to Mike Learn, and he did a custom paint job for me.

It went from this:

To this:

1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                              Jackson SLATQH
                              Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
                              Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
                              Jackson DKMGT (project)
                              Kramer Focus 1000
                              Ibanez SDGR Bass
                              Ovation Celebrity
                              Martin Backpacker

Comment

Holy crap! I need to get something done like that. I absolutely love the thick sound of my DK2M.
                                Sam

Comment

Working...
                                X