Clear All

Wow.
    Looks nice.
    Keep us posted on how she plays.
    Congrats!
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

560$ for a neck-thru, EMG loaded and real Floyd Rose... And it looks very nice too!!!

Congratz! Keep us posted on how it plays! And btw, I think the headstock and that bad and fits the overall guitar. I've seen much much worst!
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I like the headstock - you could have done far worse.

Looks like a great deal. Fill us in on how it plays, when you get a chance to put it down.
        Your friendly neighborhood import whore :: '08 DK2M, '08 DKMG, '03 KVX10, '94 Dinky Rev.

Comment

That finish is awesome

Comment

Well I recieved the guitar and the figured maple top was really nice looking...except for the knots! It had a knot about the size of a quarter and another one the size of a pencil eraser. Not a huge deal to some people but I just didn't care for it. Because it was bookmarked they were on both sides of the guitar making 4 knots total. The neck wasn't setup too great. I finally got it straightened out and had to set up the floyd and after a couple hours it was playing nice. It seemed to have a pretty dark sound to it with the emg's. The neck felt really nice, maybe a little thicker than a dinky. I played it for a day and decided I couldn't handle the knots in it, it just annoyed me. I sent it back and scored a deal on a DK2M so I'm waiting for that to arrive now instead. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one, except I'd probably go with the flame maple instead of figured because of the chance of the knots again.

Comment

Knots suck. I bought the cheapest bass I could find on ebay, with a nice green finish. But like you, there's a big knot right beside the bridge.
              Now the thing was seriously cheap, and it plays and sounds fine for the money, but the knot really annoys me every time I think about it!
              You did the right thing sending it back, I don't understand how any company can pass a guitar like that with such obvious knots in it.
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bacon View Post
                Here's a pic from thier website this is the finish I ordered. I'm a little nervous since I can't play it first, but again the place I ordered from will allow me to send it back if I don't like the neck. I'm definately not concerned about the hardware or pickups it's all top of the line. I do hate the headstock though, but I can live with it.

did you buy this from a dealer or online? I can't seem to find a price list on the web site.

that guitar looks pretty sweet - though i think i want a solid color (to avoid the knot problem)
                In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

I've been playing guitars for 11 years and I just figured out what bookmatching is.
                  Scott

Comment

he Michael Kelly's interest me greatly, they look like a great guitar for the cash (ala Schecter) but I have as of yet to try one.

You will NOT be disappointed with the DK2M, they are a great guitars. As NewC was saying, many of the Jackson imports are great guitars, they just need new hardware. Your new axe does not suffer from that problem, its got good hardware strait out of the box. Good move.

Comment

Working...
                    X