Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a picture of the control panel in a Dominion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a picture of the control panel in a Dominion?

Anyone have a pic of what one looks like clean on the inside? I have one that I got about a year ago off ebay and I thought it was all good until this past week when my bridge pup goes out now and again and all I get is neck (even when the selector is set in the bridge position). Seems to happen when also when I adjust the bridge tone knob.

I open her up for the first time today (DUMB I know! - in hindsight I should have done this when I bought her) and the wire coming from the pu selector looks like it has a "wrap" (not electrical tape though) over part of it.

Just trying to troubleshoot before I take it to a shop. I was going to get the bridge 59 swapped out for an Invader at a shop anyway so hopefully that would fix the problem?

Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

Could be the 3-way. Check the metal tabs to be sure they're making good contact. I had an import that was like that. All I had to do was bend the tab back in place and it's been flawless ever since.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

+1 Even if the switch does turn out to be bad, you can get a nice replacement for under $15.
      Scott

Comment

Don't know if this will help, but here's a pic of mine.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think I fixed the problem... looked like a metal tab on one of the tone pots was touching the control for another pickup ?? or it hasnt happened since I bent the metal tab away.

Thanks to all!

Comment

Working...
          X