Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

case suggestions for 91 import Phil Collen archtop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• case suggestions for 91 import Phil Collen archtop?

I have a Phil Collen model. From reading other info on the web, I think it's a 1991 import. The s/n imprinted into the last fret is J100242. I believe I am the original owner (bought it from a store in Philly as new) and the case it came with never really seemed to fit it correctly. It seemed like you always had to force it closed, and that the hinges were stressed. Does anybody know of a decent case I could buy for this thing? I am gigging frequently and I always feel bad about putting it in this case to travel. By the way, I know this was a production model guitar, but I have never seen (in person) another one, even at all of those guitar shows (Great American Guitar Show) that come around every so often.
    Thanks in advance,
    Goldy

I think any strat case would work...if not, you can order a case from Jackson that is guaranteed to fit. I think they run around $100.
    Scott

Comment

If you have to force the case shut, that means it's to thin. You are risking snapping the neck or headstock if you keep it up.
      Those guitars are nearly 4 inches thick at the center. A regular strat case will not work.
      I suggest a trip to the local GC and do some test fitting.
      The original cases that came with these were deep enough to handle the thich body.
      -Rick

Comment

Working...
      X