Fusion HH worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straycat View Post
    Well mine came with the JT-580 lp trem(Takeuchi)and it is a very fine trem.I have a OFR low pro in the guitar now and have to say I like the JT-580 lp better in this guitar.I'll yank the OFR LP and use it somewhere else when I get time.
    JT-580's and the Schallers are fine trems so no need to upgrade them IMO.
    I did find an old set of J-50's(alnico) to put in and an RS pot upgrade kit (naturally)and it don't get any better than that!
    I've played and owned approximately a zillion guitars with the TRS trem, and I've found it to be junk in all cases. Doesn't return to zero pitch remotely as well as an OFR or Schaller, and the fine tuner and arm threads are very crudely cast and don't work well.

I think it's always worth it to upgrade to the OFR.

Comment

Mine is blocked in a KE3 and seems to work great

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        Mine is blocked in a KE3 and seems to work great
        I have found the more you know about setting up a guitar the less you have problems with themBut i have not own a zillion guitars with sh#tty bridges.lol
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Well, I decided to pass it up. It was a little too expensive for me. Thanks for the help.

Comment

I have found some tricks to make just about any trem work right even a vintage trem.Thanks to help from Dan Erlewine.
            I have to give props to Roy Bowen at RSguitarworks too he has taught me a lot over the years.
            Don't let a out of whack trem keep you from a cool guitar.
            Case in point bought a Music Yo Kramer striker(2002) that has the very cheapo Schaller copy but did a few mods and she works great and returns to pitch every time.
            Last edited by straycat; 12-15-2008, 02:08 AM.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hey Fusion Famer. I still hve tha fusion. and it now has an ebony fusion pro nck that I had laying around. That guitar woke up after some setup work. I will post pics eventually. Thanx again
              An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
              A tooth for a tooth means we all eat through a straw.

Comment

Working...
              X