Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Fusions - which one should I drop tune?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Fusions - which one should I drop tune?

1 x Fusion Standard (2 x J-200R (N & M) and 1 x J-85 (B)) vol, tone 5 way switch.
    1 x Fusion SX (1 x J-50 (N), 1 x J-110 (M) and 1 x J-05 (B)) vol only, 5 way switch.

Both are stock as far as I'm aware. Since 7 stringers don't agree with me one will be left in E standard whilst the other will be tuned to B-E-A-D-F#-B or C-F-Bb-Eb-G-C (or is it C-F-A#-D#-G-C I never worked out which one was the correct notation! )

Just wanting to gather opinions on which one I should keep in standard and which one to retune.

Oh yes pics when I have them setup and shiny okay!
    Last edited by Confessor Townsend; 12-13-2008, 07:27 PM.

Neither? I'd try to find a 25.5" scale length for drop tuning.

Short of that, whichever one has a bright clear tone. You don't want to de-tune a muddy guitar.

Comment

In that case the SX might be the better candidate as no tone circuit makes it inherently brighter I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        Neither? I'd try to find a 25.5" scale length for drop tuning.

Short of that, whichever one has a bright clear tone. You don't want to de-tune a muddy guitar.
        +1. You're going to need pretty heavy strings if detuning that low on a short scale, so they won't be so floppy. Also, you may have some problem with the saddles not being able to go back far enough to intonate properly.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've taken a pop with the SX. Intonation seems to be fine so far however I'm leaving it to bed in for a while and see if anything crops up.

Comment

For me, this would be a great justification to buy myself a nice new guitar.

"Hey, I need a guitar to drop tune and the short scale doesn't cut it... so I NEED to buy a new guitar!"

And then of course I would absolutely need a backup for the new guitar, so...
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
              For me, this would be a great justification to buy myself a nice new guitar.

"Hey, I need a guitar to drop tune and the short scale doesn't cut it... so I NEED to buy a new guitar!"

And then of course I would absolutely need a backup for the new guitar, so...
              Ah feck it I knew I was missing a trick somewhere!

Comment

Working...
              X