Got me a DK2M RGF!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got me a DK2M RGF!

got it in the mail today! new from guitar guitar in glasgow (they got one left for 390 pounds, but it's got a chip on the back of the upper horn). made a short stop in london @ feline guitars, to get the new pickup installed and now it's here

i read how good these play, but i couldnt believe that it's THAT good.. the neck is perfect, fretboard too. the BKP Ceramic Warpig sounds absolutelly MASSIVE. the finish is great also. subtle ghost flames, that come alive under lights. i love it!!!!!!!

i'll put the pics up tomorrow
    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

nice, man. I really liked the look of those when they came out.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

flames are incredibly hard to photograph... one day, when there's some sunlight

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Kickass!!

Comment

Those do look hot for an affordable model.
            Jackson KV2
            Jackson KE1T
            Jackson KE1F
            Jackson SL1

Comment

y'know ... i almost cant believe that i scored this one for less than the going rate of a regular black DK2M

it plays incredible and sounds even better.

Comment

Nice score man, BKP Warpig is my new number one, amazingly HUGE beast of a pickup !

Comment

Wow, nice. Very cool guitar for the money...

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
                    Nice score man, BKP Warpig is my new number one, amazingly HUGE beast of a pickup !
                    this is the ceramic version.. 22k wind and a big ceramic magnet underneath, but still an astonishing amount of clarity.. this is a sledgehammer with a targeting laser

and thanks guys. finally a guitar that i like 100%

Comment

hi how come you got it alll the way from glasgow are they cheaper in the uk rather than were u live?
                      Dk2 pro in black
                      Marshall jcm900 4502dr
                      Marshall vs200 avt100
                      and diamonds and rust.....

Comment

Whats is that guitar? Is the a current model in production?

Looks awesome!
                        Marshall JCM800 2203
                        G12K-100w Cabinet
                        Jackson RR24

Comment

Congratulations!! They really are nice guitars aren't they? Here are mine:

Originally posted by nitro_D View Post
                          Whats is that guitar? Is the a current model in production?

Looks awesome!
                          It is a DK2M Red Ghost Flames. Not in production anymore. Limited run for Musician's Friend to my knowledge. I knew very little /nothing about this model until I got the first one and asked people here.
                          Last edited by goodwood; 12-21-2008, 12:36 PM.
                          My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

They have one of those at my local music store but it's so high up on the wall that I can't try it or see what the price is. I hope it goes on sale for boxing week so I can buy it. It's been there for months so it might so they can free up space.
                            "Dear Dr. Bill,
                            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by maiden666 View Post
                              hi how come you got it alll the way from glasgow are they cheaper in the uk rather than were u live?
                              the regular model (in black) costs 525€ @ thomann ... the RGF one i got cost me 475€ (converted from pound to euro).
                              besides, they are completelly sold out pretty much everywhere, the only website i could find, that had them listed was music store koeln.. and they were sold out there too, but it cost 666€ when they had it ... i got this one, with the pickup changed to a bareknuckle ceramic warpig, shipped to me, LESS than the one they had in germany (not even counting the shipping from germany)... so yeah, they ARE cheaper in the UK.
                              but glasgow because they were the only store that had them.. might have had them in the other store (i think edinborough.. well, the other that isnt in newcastle or glasgow) ..and i only wanted a regular dk2m in crimson swirl (this one is a current production one) the RGF differs from that one, in that they only have one pickup, a reversed headstock and the red ghost flame graphic.

Ben, do ask for it. they are superb guitars. i frickin LOVE the neck and everything else is what i want in a guitar (maple fretboard, NO dots as inlays, reverse pointy headstock, no tone nob, only one pickup and a very nice graphic... in short, this is what i'd have the custom shop make me )

Comment

Working...
                              X