Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a 24 Fret Dinky Reverse fit on a RR3 with 2 Humbuckers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a 24 Fret Dinky Reverse fit on a RR3 with 2 Humbuckers?

Before With Chrome Control Plate, Knobs, and 3 way toggle: Hello everyone I have an Import Jackson Randy Rhoads 3 RR3. I wanting to put a 24 fret dinky reverse with reverse sharkfin inlays and white binding on this guitar, but the question is will it fit? I know i will have to have my floyd setup for the extra 2 frets but I love the look of the reverse head stock neck on this guitar. Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Now After with Black Jackson Control Plate, Knobs, and 3 way toggle:
    Last edited by blitz; 12-19-2008, 10:39 PM.

I dont think you can do that without mods. It will not just bolt on and intonate properly. I think 24 fret Jackson necks are physically longer, heel to point, not just a fretboard overhang. If Im wrong someone will set me straight soon.

Comment

well if i can find the same neck in a 22 fret that would be awsome im not picky about 22 or 24 frets just want that style neck with the options i spoke of

Comment

I know it doesn't solve your immediate problem, but you could keep an eye out for a RR3R, the old reverse headstock version.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

well if someone on here has a Jackson neck with a reverse headstock, reverse sharkfin inlays, and white binding i would do a trade for my neck which is in excellent cond and a little cash also. I just lost my job so i dont have alot of extra cash right now

Comment

A 24 fret neck will work on a 22 fret body. The heel is longer and will need cut down slightly, but there's plenty of wood left to drill new neck holes, etc..
            I've done this before myself, but I also cut the last 2 frets off as well, so I'm not sure if they will clear your neck pickup or not. You might have to install a really thin pickup ring and lower the neck pickup down far enough for the neck overhang to clear it, but then again you might just get away with it.
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Cutting it down I would worry about the truss rod. Yes you will have neck pick issues, and if you cut off frets avoid the necks with binding(unless you want another headache).

Comment

The truss rod is not an issue, I just did that to a Jackson neck with no problems. The binding cap on the end of the fretboard can be removed and super glued and trimmed to fit once the extra fretboard is cut off.
                It's definitely do able.
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven
                Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

The trussrod onlt goes to about half the length of the heel (that's what the little dowel in the heel is for - to anchor the end of the rod), so you've got plenty of room to cut wood.

The one thing I'd watch for is relocating the bolts: the heel gets thinner on some models as you move towards the head, so bolts that almost touch the board normally will poke through the board if you move uo too far.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That RR3 is bitchin as-is! Leave it the way it was born and get another one with the goods you desire when the time is appropriate.
                    There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

well if anyone has a 22 fret neck with the same specs im wanting that would be great so i wouldnt have to cut the fret board

Comment

I'm sure you can find one on Ebay, but asking to buy or trade on this forum is a bannable offence. We have a Classifieds section here that is open to Platinum Members. Sign up and post your Want Ad there.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ok but as I said I just lost my job due to cut backs and i also have a baby on the way humm no money+ $900 dollar a month house payment+ $ 270 dollar a month truck payment = no money but yea I understand what you are saying

Comment

Working...
                          X