Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry to ask. DK2 neck on a PS-6?

I'm curious about a couple things -

First would a Dk2 neck fit on a Kelly-ps6? Both are 24 frets.

I know the body was listed in the catalog the year i bought it as poplar, but I have no idea the quality of the wood since I believe this was korea made. It being poplar is the only reason I'm really wanting to keep it. The neck on it sucks, and it the dk2 will fit then I'm going to pursue that option.

I'm just wondering if this will end up a crap shoot as far as the final result. I can change out the pickups no problem, put a nice TB-6 pair or something in there. I'm just not sure its worth the effort or if i should sell this thing and pick up a ke3

I did a search on will dk2 neck fit on kelly and got nothing btw or else i wouldn't be making the thread. thanks for any info.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Yup, it'll fit.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      Yup, it'll fit.
      Any idea what the quality of the poplar wood on the korenan made is vs. the poplar on the japanese pro series? I have an RR3R and it is heavy and sounds great. I'd like to believe it's the same quality but have no idea.

Comment

Poplar should be poplar. I had a Japanese-made PS6 body and put a DK2 neck on it. Thing barked like a german shepherd. Lerx can tell ya, that thing was killer.

I've played an Indian PS6 (wide dots), and it felt very solid and had a nice tone.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          Poplar should be poplar. I had a Japanese-made PS6 body and put a DK2 neck on it. Thing barked like a german shepherd. Lerx can tell ya, that thing was killer.

I've played an Indian PS6 (wide dots), and it felt very solid and had a nice tone.
          Yeah mine is the wide dots one, i guess it's indian not korean.

cool, thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
          X