No announcement yet.

New DK2M.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's white. I still have to adjust every so often but I can see some results immediately, also I'm only turning 1/4 turn or less, so no I'm not cranking the thing like crazy.

Comment

Hi to All!!!

I'm a new user ... but I can suggest something:

What you say is strange. Probably it's caused by a wrong setup. I've got the same bridge (580LP) at it works well. My guitar is always in tune. The only thing I noticed is that this Licensed Floyd cut off a bit of sustain but it's an insignificant problem. The Buzz is probably caused by the wrong truss-rod setup. Another cause could be un-polished frets. Try to get some Duraglit and clean all frets with this ... after all they'll shine and probably the noise disappears (beware to the fingerboard, the duraglit can damage it).
      Visit The Dream Maker Official Website!!!

Comment

Update!

To do the last work You can use this:

Visit The Dream Maker Official Website!!!

Comment

I've been playing for 15 years, I don't consider myself an expert but I know my way around most guitars. I've never had a floyd that gave me so much trouble. I finally discovered it was the knife edge which was poorly cast. Since sanding and filling on it last week I've had no further tuning problems, it has been holding tune perfect. I already ordered a tremsetter so I may still put that in just because. I was able to get rid of the fret buzz and my action is about as perfect as I'm going to get it. It was just a matter of getting the neckt to settle in, the frets seem to be pretty uniform with no dead spots. I've resigned to the fact I believe the electronics may have issues which is why I'm getting such a muddy tone now. I posted another topic in regards to the pickups sounding strange. I appreciate all the advice and suggestions. I was seriously going to sell it the other day but I'm giving it another chance.
          Last edited by bacon; 12-28-2008, 11:03 PM.

Comment

It took me a while (A month or two) to get used the neck on my DK2 but now it's my favourite. I also came from playing Strats so I know what you are talking about. Except for my Jackson, I only have Fenders (2 Strats, one of which I bought yesterday, and a 50's re-issue P-Bass). My hand was actually getting sore from the thinness of the neck of my DK2 but after a while it went away.
            "Dear Dr. Bill,
            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
              It took me a while (A month or two) to get used the neck on my DK2 but now it's my favourite. I also came from playing Strats so I know what you are talking about. Except for my Jackson, I only have Fenders (2 Strats, one of which I bought yesterday, and a 50's re-issue P-Bass). My hand was actually getting sore from the thinness of the neck of my DK2 but after a while it went away.
              That's good to hear! My hand has been feeling tired lately too from playing the Jackson's neck compared to how easy the strats seem to feel. I'm guessing with the slightly wider spacing and flatter neck I'll be a little faster and more accurate after I get used to it, I guess old habits die hard though!

Comment

Just and update for anyone who cares, I purchased a tremsetter about a week ago and since I've fixed the tuning issues with the knife edge. I figured I'd still install the tremsetter since I already had it. It wasn't too bad to install, I probably would have looked for something else if I had know I had to drill a couple holes inside the cavity though. It mounted up fairly easy, about a half an hour to get everything installed and about 15min to get it tuned up. It plays great, holds tune perfectly and I can really abuse the whammy with no problems. A downside is the dive bombing is a little stiffer now so the bar doesn't feel as light as it did. If I were playing lots of stuff where I'm using the bar a lot it might be an issue, but for my few dive bombs and harmonic 80's crap it will work great!

Comment

Working...
                X