Dinky DXMG Replacing Pups. F spaced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky DXMG Replacing Pups. F spaced?

Hey, replacing my EMGhzs with Dimarzio ToneZone and Air Norton. Am i supposed to get F Spaced or not?
    Jackson DXMG Bridge - ToneZone Neck - Air Norton
    Line6 POD X3
    Boss Distortion DS-1
    Boss Loop Station RC-2
    Boss Chorus CE-5
    Peavey ValveKing 100w half stack

Originally posted by RickBlacker View Post
    Hey, replacing my EMGhzs with Dimarzio ToneZone and Air Norton. Am i supposed to get F Spaced or not?
    does it have a floyd rose? if so then yes. get both f spaced, and enjoy your dimarzios.\m/
    Maybe the dingo at your baby?

Comment

You don't NEED them to be F spaced, but it would make more sense to get at least the bridge pickup like that. I wouldn't worry about the neck.
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

What are the disadvantages of not using F-Spaced in the neck?
        Line6 POD X3
        Boss Distortion DS-1
        Boss Loop Station RC-2
        Boss Chorus CE-5

Comment

None as far as I'm aware. Both my Dimarzio Evo's in my WR1 are F-Spaced.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Even non trem Jacksons need an F spaced pup in the bridge position. The string spacing is wider than a normal Gibson bridge.
            The neck pup doesnt need to be F spaced because the strings aren't spaced as wide at the end of the fret board.
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Using a non F spaced pickup won't make any difference to the sound, whether you use it in a trem type guitar or not. It just means the pole pieces will line up with the strings better, so it will LOOK nicer.
              If you're buying a new set, I'd get an F spaced bridge but I wouldn't worry about F spaced for the neck. Like metalchurch says, the strings aren't as widely spaced at the neck end, plus, the strings oscillate more (or something) so presumably they cover more of the poles anyway.
              If you're buying a used set - just get the cheapest ones you can find regardless of spacing.
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

F-spaced neck pickup will align better with 1 11/16" or 43mm locking nut that Jackson uses on most of their guitars. On 24 fret guitar the neck pickup is so close to the bridge that the string spacing is wery close to what it is at the brigde pickup position.

Comment

Well... It's a wait and see issue. My wife actually ordered pickups for me for Christmas, however, they have not arrived yet. Originally I wanted Dimarzio ToneZone and Dimarzio D-Sonic... However, along the lines of my pickup search I had changed to ToneZone and Air Norton.

So, at this stage, I will try these. I'll put the ToneZone in the neck. I have no clue if they are F spaced or not. I hope guitar center was smart enough to at least ask my wife what kind of guitar I had so they could help pick the right spacing.
                  Line6 POD X3
                  Boss Distortion DS-1
                  Boss Loop Station RC-2
                  Boss Chorus CE-5

Comment

Well... It's a wait and see issue. My wife actually ordered pickups for me for Christmas, however, they have not arrived yet. Originally I wanted Dimarzio ToneZone and Dimarzio D-Sonic... However, along the lines of my pickup search I had changed to ToneZone and Air Norton.

So, at this stage, I will try these. I'll put the ToneZone in the neck. I have no clue if they are F spaced or not. I hope guitar center was smart enough to at least ask my wife what kind of guitar I had so they could help pick the right spacing.
                    By no means do I wish to jack this thread, but I have the same guitar,and I have had it for some time, and I came to this conclusion: I HATE those EMG-HZ pups! How do you like the TZ and the Air? I need some ideas!:think:

Comment

Hi Jimmbo.

I don't know yet. They have been ordered. They were supposed to be my Christmas present from my wife. However, it's taking Guitar Center forever to get them. She ordered them 3 weeks ago and they still don't have them.

Personally, I think Guitar Center screwed the pooch as they were supposed to be in their warehouse. Honestly, they couldn't get them within 3 weeks? I realize this is Christmas time and all but CMon.

I don't like the EMGhz either. They sound very thin to me.

Also, my wife didn't get me a Air Norton, she got me a D-Sonic. That was one of my original choices, so she got me what I originally asked for. So, what I'm going to do is put the D-Sonic in the bridge, Tone Zone in the neck. I've heard that a lot of people like the TZ in the bridge.

Guitar Center said they should be here by Monday. If not, i'm going to ask for the money back and go somewhere else.
                      Line6 POD X3
                      Boss Distortion DS-1
                      Boss Loop Station RC-2
                      Boss Chorus CE-5

Comment

I just bought myself a DXMG for Christmas. I also picked up a Duncan Distortion mayhem set, all from guitar center.
                        The first thing I did was swap out the pups. They are not F spaced but sound just fine.
                        The strings over the poles at the bridge pup are off just a little, not enough to effect anything.
                        This thing RIPS!
                        2008 DXMG in Gray w/ Duncan Mayhem set
                        2007 DK2m White Bengal
                        88 Jackson limited edition
                        Charvel Preditor
                        PS-3T Rhoads Performer
                        Jackson DX10D
                        3 Randall RGT 100 ES tube heads
                        4 JCM900 4x12 bottom cabs
                        Rockman 1/2 rack Chorus/Delay
                        Roland GP-8 Rack processor

Comment