Slsmg + sd?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slsmg + sd?

Does anyone have any experience with SLSMG with SD JB + Jazz?

I have 81+85 on mine and I do not like emg, but I'm skeptic because of slim body and scarred that it will not sound good with passive.. also is it JB too treble for slsmg?

hey tanx alot!

Well u can allways put EMGs back if sounds not that good...so go for it
    proud member of Jackson guitars fan club

Comment

Put the 85 in the bridge and the 81 in the neck. You might like the sound more.

I have a guitar like the SLSMG (mahogany neckthrough, mahogany body, thin body) with SDs in it - Custom Custom in the bridge and JB in the neck. I don't like the JB in the bridge but it's great in the neck.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally after ditching the EMG HZ's in my SLSMG, I put in a Custom Custom/'59 combo, and it sounded totally horrible. Went with EMG 81/81 and its perfect now.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by T0M= View Post
          Well u can allways put EMGs back if sounds not that good...so go for it
          well I'm going to trade my 81 85 for SD, so its not an option to take it back..

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          Put the 85 in the bridge and the 81 in the neck. You might like the sound more.

I have a guitar like the SLSMG (mahogany neckthrough, mahogany body, thin body) with SDs in it - Custom Custom in the bridge and JB in the neck. I don't like the JB in the bridge but it's great in the neck.
          I allready have 85 in bridge and 81 in the neck with 18V mod.. still its too hot for me. and I like more natural tone..

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
          Originally after ditching the EMG HZ's in my SLSMG, I put in a Custom Custom/'59 combo, and it sounded totally horrible. Went with EMG 81/81 and its perfect now.
          I have that combo (Custom custom / 59') on my washburn wi66, and I love the sound very much, but washburn has very thick body (like LP) so tonalty its very diffrent from slsmg..

Comment

Try

Try a SD Black Out neck model in the bridge spot. I have it in my Soloist, and its more organic and grindy than the 81 or 85, andits not as hot either. That would be the easiest, as your pots and output are already there...

Comment

Working...
            X