DK2M blue bengal HSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK2M blue bengal HSS

Im new here but i just bought a Blue Bengal (ships tommorrow) and was wondering how many hss blue bengals were made and if the HSS's were a special run for a specific dealer.
    1995ish Charvel strat copy
    Blue Bengal DK2M HSS
    a few others i'd rather not mention
    Nigel Tufnel: (holding up a guitar) The sustain, listen to it.
    Marty DiBergi: I don't hear anything.

Nigel Tufnel: Well you would though, if it were playing.

i saw a recent ebay listing with pics of an hss bengal, (the one you bought?)
    however it is described with hh, trembucker and jazz. kind of a confusing post...

Guitars:
    Jackson DK2M Blue Bengal
    Jackson PS-4
    Charvel CX 390
    Gibson Les Paul Studio
    Gibson Les Paul Jr. Pro
    Gibson Les Paul Special
    '56 Gibson J160E
    Galveston Acrylic Strat
    couple of other oddities

Amps:
    Vox AC100CPH
    Ibanez TBX150H

Comment

Congrats! Welcome to the JCF. Not sure about numbers, but I'm pretty sure it was a world-wide release (No specific dealer), and it came in H-x-H and H-S-S. Sorry that didn't help much, but you got yourself a nice guitar for sure. Rock on!
      There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Thanks for the welcome...actually i got the other hss on ebay it was BIN or best offer at 699. After being out bid at the last second a few times over the last few weeks (Fusion pro cherryburst, and 3 dk2 blue/orange hotrod flame guitars) , i decided i would offer him $500 for it. That was the 23rd and by the 26th i had given up on it, so i found a dk2 blue orange hotrod at the orlando GC for $500 and decided to buy it(it was online and i had seen it in orlando on vaction over the summer). After i had made the purchase over the phone (for around 620 with a case shipped), i went on ebay to withdraw my offer and when i logged on i had a counter offer for 599 w/ an skb case. I immediately called the store selling it and the guy said it was still for sale and then after talking he sold it to me shipped new for 599 because i ordered it over the phone and he said he wouldnt have to pay ebay fees. I then canceled the dk2...

Sorry for the long post
        Did i make the right choice Dropping the used 03 dk2 flame (It had an evo in the bridge) for the New bengal
        Blue Bengal DK2M HSS

Comment

Originally posted by gunslingerj View Post
          Thanks for the welcome...actually i got the other hss on ebay it was BIN or best offer at 699. After being out bid at the last second a few times over the last few weeks (Fusion pro cherryburst, and 3 dk2 blue/orange hotrod flame guitars) , i decided i would offer him $500 for it. That was the 23rd and by the 26th i had given up on it, so i found a dk2 blue orange hotrod at the orlando GC for $500 and decided to buy it(it was online and i had seen it in orlando on vaction over the summer). After i had made the purchase over the phone (for around 620 with a case shipped), i went on ebay to withdraw my offer and when i logged on i had a counter offer for 599 w/ an skb case. I immediately called the store selling it and the guy said it was still for sale and then after talking he sold it to me shipped new for 599 because i ordered it over the phone and he said he wouldnt have to pay ebay fees. I then canceled the dk2...

Sorry for the long post
          Did i make the right choice Dropping the used 03 dk2 flame (It had an evo in the bridge) for the New bengal
          I think both of them are fine guitars. I like my Blue orange flame DK2 alot, but I believe 500 is a little steep for it. ( I got mine for 350 shipped with case from another GC in Kansas) You probably got the better deal going with the Bengal.
          Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

this is mine http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-DK2M-Pro...3%3A1|294%3A50

should i be worried that it is still on ebay? I have the invoice and the SKU matches the one on the tag in the pic. Does ebay not charge the seller if an item doesnt sell.? Hopefully they are just waiting for time to run out and they will just refuse all other offers.

Oh and thanks Robert Hendrix i feel better about my choice now. The maple did it for me (im tired of all rosewood)
            Blue Bengal DK2M HSS

Comment

If that is the auction that you offered on you havent bought anything. If your offer is the one listed, it has expired and the guitar is still for sale. Did you "backdoor" it or something? If so, then they must have more than one or they are risking that no one will use the bin at that price, and hope to let the auction end and pay no FV fees. Sheer Genius!

Comment

he said that was their only one...im calling in the mornin......
                i know i'm a noob and havent necessarily earned any respect on this forum but if u want to buy a bengal for 699 please buy the other on ebay.
                If someone does buy the guitar for 699 will it still be mine (and cream city music) get screwed or will i get screwed out of a guitar and get a refund. Like i said before it ships tomorrow and I have already bought it and have the invoice

About the backdoor: I called on thurs to check to see if it was still available and when i asked if i just needed to hit accept counteroffer....the salesman said "actually it would be easier if you just do it over the phone now. And I can give you a discount since i wont have to pay any ebay fees. Lets see its 599 plus shipping ill give it to u shipped for 599" so i bought it that way
                Last edited by gunslingerj; 12-29-2008, 12:32 AM.
                Blue Bengal DK2M HSS

Comment

that''s the post i was talking about earlier. doesn't anyone find it curious that a H-H guitar is listed and the pics clearly show an H-S-S?
                  Guitars:
                  Jackson DK2M Blue Bengal
                  Jackson PS-4
                  Charvel CX 390
                  Gibson Les Paul Studio
                  Gibson Les Paul Jr. Pro
                  Gibson Les Paul Special
                  '56 Gibson J160E
                  Galveston Acrylic Strat
                  couple of other oddities

Amps:
                  Vox AC100CPH
                  Ibanez TBX150H

Comment

i do and dont....i remember seeing them some where else when they first came out and the specs were H-H as well...I think the sellers are simply cutting and pasting DK2M specs. I mean the guitars are limited run Dk2m's....the problem is there are no links online where an original spec sheet is listed for an HSS dk2m (this is the only guitar to have that) so they dont take the time to realize that this guitar is (as far as i can see) a normal Dk2 body with a DK2m neck
                    Blue Bengal DK2M HSS

Comment

looks like i'm safe....no one bought it now
                      Blue Bengal DK2M HSS

Comment

Working...
                      X