RX10D Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX10D Bridge

Can anyone tell me what model of bridge comes on the RX10D?

What model of floyd would swap out with it or are these good bridges? I'd like to find a black one instead of the chrome setup I have now.

A current RX10D, or from a few years ago? I believe that they used to have the JT500, with no Jackson logo on it. Not very good. They might now have the low-profile JT580, but I haven't seen one personally in a couple of years.
    sigpic

Comment

Mine is a few years old, the bridge is labelled Jackson on it and floyd rose licenced underneath.

Comment

If it has the long screws out of the back it is either a JT500 or JT580.
        If they are short and dont go thru the back of the trem it is a JT580 LoPro.
        'Howling in shadows
        Living in a lunar spell
        He finds his heaven
        Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Looks like mine is the JT-580 Lo Pro. Are these decent or should I be looking to upgrade? If so, go for an OFR or Gotoh or what? I would like something that is a drop in replacement, I don't want to have to mod the body of the guitar at all.

Comment

I have some 580LP's and I dont have a problem with any of them. The better versions are the older ones. They have "Takeuchi" stamped into the trem block.
            The newest guitar that I have with one in is a 99 KV3, so Im not sure if they were made up until the '01 FMIC buyout, or even after the buyout?
            My '08 DK2 had a 580LP but it wasn't a Takeuchi.
            Maybe someone here can verify what years they were made for sure.

But I'll say unless it's old and worn and giving you problems save your money for a rainy day, cause they're good trems in my opinion.
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven

Comment

I don't know what year my guitar is but it doesn't have Takeuchi stamped on it. Once I get the guitar back together again (I'm repainting it finally) I'll put the 580 back on and see how it goes. I was going to change the hardware on it to black but that might just stay chrome for now.

I do appreciate all the info and the help on this.

Comment

Turns out I was wrong, my bridge is the regular JT-580, not the LP. I found some really good picks of the different jackson bridges and mine is a JT-580.

Comment

Ok, still not a bad unit though. It's not the greatest, but it's still a hell of alot better than alot of the trems I've seen.
                  A little tlc and grease on the posts, and some 3in1 oil on the saddle hinges and it'll perform alot better if you hadn't done this already.
                  'Howling in shadows
                  Living in a lunar spell
                  He finds his heaven

Comment

thanks for the advice on this. This is the first floyd style trem I've had in 20 years so it's a re-learning experience.

Comment

No problem man, we've all been there.
                      Any more questions, just ask away because there's alot of knowledge on this board.
                      'Howling in shadows
                      Living in a lunar spell
                      He finds his heaven

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
                        No problem man, we've all been there.
                        Any more questions, just ask away because there's alot of knowledge on this board.
                        I do appreciate that. Is it worth changing the trem block on these for something heavier? Does a regular floyd block fit these?

The same goes for you. If you have any tube amp questions I might be able to help, I've been tweaking, building, fixing and modding them for over 30 years.

Comment

I would say that a regular/OFR block will fit because I've done some swapping of block sizes and used a 42mm long style block on my JT500 with no problems.
                          I needed a long block for a non-recessed trem and the original JT-500 short block wasnt cutting it.
                          Under the saddles there will be either 3 phillips screws or 3 allen screws, and both trems shared the same bolt pattern.
                          I'm sure the 580 has the same block screw pattern as the 500 and OFR as well.

You thinking about an aftermarket Brass block? Good investment for sure. Eventually I'm going to get one for each of my guitars as well.
                          'Howling in shadows
                          Living in a lunar spell
                          He finds his heaven

Comment

Yeah I was thinking about a brass block. I know I have to be careful which one I get as some are too long for the cavity. Where is the best place to find the replacement blocks? I was thinking of getting a buddy to make me one up in brass and one in steel (He's a machinist).

Comment

Working...
                            X