Plzz help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plzz help!!!

Hi, I dont now wat is better and DXMG, DK2 or a DKMG.plz help I dont now witch one to get.

I wouldnt say that any one of those three is really "better" than the other two, just different. If you prefer EMG pickups then a DX/DKMG would be the way to go. If you dont know then just go with the DK2.

Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

The DK2 and DK2M has a hardened steel trem, so I'd probably go for that.

Comment

I'd put them all about equal in terms of quality, as they're all built in Japan, though the DKMG is a tad better than the DXMG. It all depends what features you want.
        Scott

Comment

Do you like a reverse headstock? An archtop body? It's really a matter of what features you like.

Why would they upgrade the trem on the DK2 and not the other - that doesn't sound right to me.

Comment

The Pro series got the trem and Duncan upgrade in 2006. The MG line only got upgraded pickups.

EDIT: Ben...: Yes, you're absolutely right. Sorry for the mind-slip.
            Last edited by Sunbane; 01-03-2009, 04:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
              The Pro series got the trem and Duncan upgrade in 2006. The DK line only got upgraded pickups.
              Do you mean the MG line? The DK2 and DK2M are Pro series.

Threadstarter, what kind of music do you want to play with it? You can get a great 80's sound out of the DK2 and DK2M.

Oh, and welcome!
              "Dear Dr. Bill,
              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

dont know much about the dxmg...have owned the dx10 i think thats what it was....dkmg is better than that! but you really should not buy blind unless you can afford to!go play them if you can...I have found that everthing is in the eye of the beholder..and if your blind you just might be fucking a cow
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                  I have found that everthing is in the eye of the beerholder..and if your blind you just might be fucking a cow

Comment

Working...
                  X