No announcement yet.

Kelly Professional Pro...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though it's part of the Professional series, the Standard is not a "Pro". Pro refers to the neck-thru models with ebony boards and pearl inlays that rivaled the USA models at the time.
    well...this would be why I am a member here....no one knows these axes better than y'all know your Jacksons and Charvels
    as far as my little collection of Jacksons go...she is still the best playing and best sounding IMO

Comment

I'm sure your Kelly Standard is a great playing and sounding guitar! A deep metallic blue Kelly Standard was my first Jackson ever, back in the early '90s. I didn't care for the low-profile trem back then (I was used to original Floyds) and sent it back to Musician's Friend. I probably should have kept it.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm sure your Kelly Standard is a great playing and sounding guitar! A deep metallic blue Kelly Standard was my first Jackson ever, back in the early '90s. I didn't care for the low-profile trem back then (I was used to original Floyds) and sent it back to Musician's Friend. I probably should have kept it.
        funny you should mention that....one of my Kellys is still sporting her stock paint job...

the 3rd Kelly is currently stripped and awaiting some of my time to finish shooting her....

Comment

Very cool.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I had a metalflake green 94 Kelly pro years ago and it was a fantastic guitar.Yes I was stupid for selling it.
            Rare yeah the Kelly pro's are few and far between.
            One sold here locally for $1200 I made an offer of $800 but lost out.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hey, quick question, Why the fuck arent there neck thru MIJ kellys? Theres two models of MIJ NT rhoads, then the phil demmel KV, though slightly different still under the price of a KV2, and you have the NT DK, I dont remember the model name, not a dinky fan. There should be a KE2 thats MIJ and then the KE1 should be the USA model seeing as marty is no longer using that model name.
              www.myspace.com/memnochband
              www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

Originally posted by blackendvampire View Post
                Hey, quick question, Why the fuck arent there neck thru MIJ kellys?
                The Kelly hasn't really been popular for quite awhile now, so I don't think Jackson is placing much emphasis on it anymore.

Comment

Have you seen these on ebay ?. Should be real close to the PROs in quality . http://tinyurl.com/7qmb6w or Item number: 200296639655 http://tinyurl.com/8ulbke or Item number: 170292815665
                  Last edited by Model 88; 01-12-2009, 08:08 PM.
                  Mike
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Originally posted by ihave27frets View Post
                    Got any pics?
                    I put the pics here: http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...45#post1194045
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                      The Kelly hasn't really been popular for quite awhile now, so I don't think Jackson is placing much emphasis on it anymore.
                      I'd love to see a current metal band revive that shape, No one has popularized it since marty. And look at what Laiho did for the Rhoads shape, he got another company to make a shitty looking version of it just because he liked the same still but wanted a company that could mass produce custom shops like fucking rabbits.
                      www.myspace.com/memnochband
                      www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

Working...
                      X