Kelly Professional Pro...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Professional Pro...

If I have my heart set on getting a MIJ Kelly Professional Pro...am I just SOL? How many were made? I've been watching ebay for around a year, and haven't seen one come up yet...

I havent seen one up for sale in a LONG time. I had one that was stripped down to bare wood but sold it to StuckaJ... that one was one of the few Ive ever seen. You may be better off just saving up for a USA Kelly.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I'm still kicking myself in the ass for not buying one at a guitar show about 5 years ago. $400. Fuck how stupid I am.

Comment

I saw a nice one last spring that was purple and sole for $550, it was almost mint.

Comment

I have one i stumbled across used at a sam ash.. the neck on that thing is beyond amazing.
          THE ABSENCE- "Enemy Unbound" in stores Summer 2010!
          THE ABSENCE- "Riders Of The Plague" in stores world-wide!
          THE ABSENCE- "From Your Grave" in stores world-wide!

Comment

i saw one with a broken tail over the summer...went for 200 bucks...almost killed my self for forgetting to bid, and win it
            Own:
            '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
            w/e catches my eyes ATM
            More '90 Professionals

Comment

That might be the rarest of the Pro guitars. Offhand, I recall only seeing two or three on eBay over all these years, and I've never seen one in person.

I also think you'd be better off going for a USA Kelly. Their resale value at the moment isn't as good as the other Jackson designs, and you could probably pick up a used one for only a little more than you'd pay for a Pro in decent condition.

Comment

The thing that sucks is I have 5 kellys, 4 USAs and the one Jap Professional...the pro kills them them all hands down.

Comment

You need to sell some of them Kellys

Comment

could always put a WTB ad in the classifieds, you never know. i got my kellyXLR that way. i know the xlr isnt a "pro" but its worth a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                      I havent seen one up for sale in a LONG time. I had one that was stripped down to bare wood but sold it to StuckaJ... that one was one of the few Ive ever seen. You may be better off just saving up for a USA Kelly.
                      I still have it. It is metallic Harley orange with black bevels now.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                        Got any pics?

Comment

The thing that sucks is I have 5 kellys, 4 USAs and the one Jap Professional...the pro kills them them all hands down.
                          I have 3...the MIJ Pro/standard rules....

though she is a little worse for the wear

Comment

Even though it's part of the Professional series, the Standard is not a "Pro". Pro refers to the neck-thru models with ebony boards and pearl inlays that rivaled the USA models at the time.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                              Originally posted by ihave27frets View Post
                              Got any pics?
                              Yes, on my other computer. I'll get them up in the next couple days. Cool?
                              Scott
                              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X