New here with a new Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New here with a new Jackson

Hi all, Im new to this forum and have just acquired a Jackson for the1st time. Been Playing for about 15 years, been in a few bands that none of you would have heard of.

I must say this forum differs to most of the others in that you can actually get a lot of good info off here. Anyways, 1st impressions are, Its a very well built Jackson, very neat routing and impressive shielding. All i know about this guitar is that it is a dinky from Japan and it is from 2003. It had CVR pups which I have removed and replaced with Seymour duncan 59 in the neck and a JB in the bridge. If anything, I think this pup change has made the guitar a bit more trebly although this isnt really an issuebecause if I need dark tones I'll just adjust the mids, bass and contour on the amp.

All in all, Im very happy with this guitar, its very difficult to find these in South Africa so to have got one, Im quite chuffed.

I always used to play Ibanez and lately I have been playing Washburn and Cort but this Jackson has definitely left a very good impression. I hope to get my grubby hands on a kelly next .

Cheers

welcome, maluco. Of course, you realise pics are required!
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Welcome maluco
      and yes, pics are required, since we would like to get chuffed by proxy
      "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
      --floydkramer

Comment

Welcome nice score.I like the CVR pickups kind of 1 demensional but sound pretty good.I put a set in a Mex fat strat and it sounded very good.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome folks.

I'll shoot some pics later on and try post them hopefully tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
          X