Got permission for sneak preview: KE3M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got permission for sneak preview: KE3M

Well, although it is not finished yet, I got permission to post some pictures of the KE3M which my buddy is currently assembling.

So I proudly present to you enticing pr0n of a beautiful mutt:

I found the crimson swirl body at the FMIC outlet store in Hamburg and bought it for him as a christmas present. He was very thrilled and immediately started scouring the ebays for the remaining parts. On ebay UK he promptly found the perfect mutt: a hotrod DK2 body with maple neck complete with chrome tuners and locking nut as well as a Seymour Duncan Distortion in the bridge.
    Adding chrome pickup rings and some kind of Gibson pickup in the neck, the only parts missing now are a fitting plate for the input jack and a pot.
    Actually I bought a CTS pot for him but it was too big for the hole... apparently japanese pots are smaller, uh!

I'll post more pics when it is finished!
    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

That looks awesome! The maple goes great with that paintjob. The only thing that could make it better would be if they made those necks with a black headstock, but that's just my personal taste.

Comment

very cool.. keep us updated on the build.

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
        That looks awesome! The maple goes great with that paintjob. The only thing that could make it better would be if they made those necks with a black headstock, but that's just my personal taste.

+1

Nice build!
        Keep us posted.

Comment

Pretty!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Lookin' good!
            There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Use a reamer to make the hole for the pot shaft bigger go from the back side so not to chip the finish.Ues the CTS pot.Thats looking good.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Sexy!
                Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

That looks pretty slick, I've always wanted to mess around with a maple neck, even though I love ebony more, I want a strat with maple one time maybe to yngwie malmsteen it up.

PS, When is the KE3 gunna be neckthru, that or bring out a KE5 thats neckthru, No one under 30 can afford a KE2 unless their parents are loaded or dont have any other guitars to begin with. We need more 1000 and under Neck Thrus, look at ESP/LTD's 400 to 250 series, Their under the 500 dollar mark, and their really high quality...

I feel a new thread coming on.
                  www.myspace.com/memnochband
                  www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

Working...
                  X