Import NT Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import NT Series

Ok, BC Rich Did it, ESP LTD have it. Jackson Needs more of it. Yes theres the RR5/RR24, the SLSMG or whatever, We really just need a full 5 series thats neckthru with floyd/stringthru options. RR5, KV5, KE5, WR5, DK5, Maybe even one of those jazz thingys too. Point is, Overseas know how to make the beautiful Neckthru construction just as good as in the USA, it wont cut into the sales of the USA's because you already have that market for people who only buy USA's. But people who are playing day in and day out who want a quality guitar that they can get scratched up and whatnot and leave against their amp while getting drinks deserve the Neckthru's in all desired shapes. I've always wanted a Neckthru Kelly because I had a bolt on kelly, it wasnt playable for me because I do large intervals in the higher octave, you hit the back of your hand on the horn because its being forced up so high from the neckjoint, and if you simply Ibanez'd the neckjoin, it wouldnt have enough strength due to the design of the kelly, so neckthru would be the strongest way to go.

Anyways, im sure you all know this, I just wanted to see if anyone else really agrees that a full neckthru 5 series is somthing this brand really lacks for a competitive equality in the musical instrument industry. Why do you think ESP now features an LTD V401, its a low end KV2,

And now they feature a their EX with those same specs minus 2 frets, which I dislike, needs 24, but thats besides the point.

So there you have it, ESP is not only giving Jackson competition for the Neckthru Stratshape economy area, Now theres Neckthru Jackson Rip off shapes that dont really bother me on the changes they made to stay away from copyright infringement. The Explorer they made is a little less angular than a KE, but these are Neckthru design, I'd rather the build and construction over a few different angles on the shape. So Hopefully someone agrees and some people notice this stuff because Jackson would really really really kick ass if they pwned ESP at the low end NT market. Its doable.

Also, I have an LTD MH 250, its just about as nice to play as my RR24, No lie. Sure its MIK not MIJ, but it stays in perfect tune on the floyd, the neck is as fast as my rhoads, the tone is very close, its extremely comfortable, and the black quilt tops look great. BTW It was only 199$, where as my Jackson was 1200. I'd still like a KE5, and please 24 frets on them.
    Last edited by blackendvampire; 01-13-2009, 01:14 PM.
    www.myspace.com/memnochband
    www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

A neck through Dinky? I think you just blew my mind...

"Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by blackendvampire View Post
      And now they feature a their EX with those same specs minus 2 frets, which I dislike, needs 24, but thats besides the point.
      Charvel did that pointy Explorer shape more than 20 years ago for Oz Fox of Stryper. Chris Holmes of WASP also had one. Wayne Charvel now makes it as Oz's signature model. Is there anything ESP doesn't copy?
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The SL3 is a neck-thru import Soloist, and the Kevin Bond and Mark Morton models are also import and neck-thru.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          The SL3 is a neck-thru import Soloist, and the Kevin Bond and Mark Morton models are also import and neck-thru.
          Yeah exactly, there should be a line to just standardize it, like why is there an SL3 that is neckthru, yet the RR3 is bolt on. Wouldnt that imply that the 3 series are neckthru? They should have all the stats transfer across in a line from each shape, it would make a ton more sense.

Comment

Yeah exactly, there should be a line to just standardize it, like why is there an SL3 that is neckthru, yet the RR3 is bolt on. Wouldnt that imply that the 3 series are neckthru? They should have all the stats transfer across in a line from each shape, it would make a ton more sense.
            the DR3 wasn't neckthru either. Wouldn't that suggest that the 3 series is bolt-on?

The DK2 is Japanese, wouldn't that imply that the SL2H is Japanese? Or bolt-on?

Your proposed "5 series" already has a DR5 - a bolt-on.

the problem is trying to think of Jackson models in the same terms as LTDs or Ibanezes. Those companies have come up with their own naming schemes, it doesn't mean Jackson has to follow suit.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

The discontinued SL4 was also neck-thru, it had 22 frets and two humbuckers.

Comment

The RR1 is neck-thru, yet the RR2 (USA), RR3 and RR4 were all bolt-on.

Comment

The RR1 is neck-thru, yet the RR2 (USA), RR3 and RR4 were all bolt-on.
                  Yes and the KV2 is a USA neckthru model. And the KV4 was a Neckthru if im not mistaken. Yet theres a DK2 thats bolt on

And an SL3 that is neckthru, while the RR3 KE3 are Bolts.

Also yes you say a DK5 was bolt on so the 5 series would be bolt on, but the RR5 is a neckthru.

So you are all seeing my drift. There is alot of inconsistantcies in the product line. Should it not be drafted simply after this theory

Import Bolt on Economy
                  Import Bolt on Upscale
                  Import Neckthru
                  USA Neckthru

All available with or without Trem Except economy
                  All with a choice of EMG's or Duncans stock (emgs on floyd, duncans on stringthru)
                  Cheaper pickups on the bolt ons obviously
                  Things such as single pickup models, and maple neck are marked with that as special runs or whatnot beside their corridsponding model name.
                  All bodies available on any series.

Just to make it way more simpler, and to offer everything for every shape. Preferably dont even run a 22 fret model guitar other than special runs, i'd say more people want 24 rather than 22.

Even look at the warrior and kelly, they dont have import NT versions.

I really find their model names and whatnot really screwed up the more I look at it, its like the numbers mean nothing, and whats the deal with the dinky and the soloist, theres an MG series soloist thats neckthru, and a proline dinky thats a bolt on, its so confusing.
                  Last edited by blackendvampire; 01-14-2009, 07:03 PM.

Comment

+1!

I know the models I know, and outside of that...it's what this forum is here for!

Comment

Yes and the KV2 is a USA neckthru model. And the KV4 was a Neckthru if im not mistaken. Yet theres a DK2 thats bolt on
                      Yep, the KV4 was neck-thru with 24 frets, but the KV3 was bolt-on with 22. I have no idea where Jackson comes up with their numbering scheme. They also used to use the T designation for tremolo, but we all know now that models with T (like RR1T) use that for TOM bridges.

Comment

Yep, the KV4 was neck-thru with 24 frets, but the KV3 was bolt-on with 22. I have no idea where Jackson comes up with their numbering scheme. They also used to use the T designation for tremolo, but we all know now that models with T (like RR1T) use that for TOM bridges.

Yeah which reminds me of other stupid randomy abriviations such as the cross contaminated NT. When I see NT I used to think Neck Thru. But look at ESP's line, MHNT can be a neckthru or a bolt on, the NT means NO TREMELO. Like WTF. These companies are fucking hilarious. Need a no nonsense revision of product layout, possibly similar to what I listed. Like I said, if there was a realistic MIJ Neckthru Kelly I'd be down for more Jacksons, But we shouldnt even have to shell out a grand for a neckthru guitar only because ESP can get them under 500 bucks now.

Comment

and whats the deal with the dinky and the soloist, theres an MG series soloist thats neckthru, and a proline dinky thats a bolt on, its so confusing.
                          I'm going to stay out of this except this one thing... a Dinky is ALWAYS bolt-on, and a Soloist is ALWAYS neckthru, because the only difference between those two body types is the neck heel construction. Thanks.
                          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Oh no problem dude, I am not saying change that, I mean maybe just reduce the amount of dinkies because it looks like theres too many models of them even currently, Im not saying make a neckthru dinky, that would be fairly pointless. Im sure people know what I mean though.

Comment

First off, History has already proven that there are more people who would buy a neckthrough Jackson than a USA-made Jackson - the early-90s neckthrough Pros almost killed Jackson USA. Granted the RR5 is in no danger of outselling the RR1, but only because it has a rosewood board and no binding. Put ebony and binding on it and you can kiss the RR1T goodbye.

Secondly, ESPee doesn't have a viable USA shop. Yes they have that shop that only builds high-level artist models, but they also have their hands in several other brands in Japan that they can afford to pretty much sell everything at cost or slightly above and still turn a nice profit.

As for model numbers having some special/across-the-board meaning - no one does that except Fender. Anything with "Standard" in the model name is MIM. However, that's where it ends. Obviously anything with "Thinline" in the model name is semi-acoustic/electric, but it's also a Tele, so even that has its limitations.

The Gibson Les Paul Standard does not have features equal to the SG Standard - one has trapezoids the other has dots.

I really don't see a need for a neckthrough 5 or 6 or whatever Jackson import line. Yes I'd like to see an import neckthrough Warrior, but only if it's got a maple board and black fins with black binding. Ebony is a bit played out IMO, and is far too expensive and finicky compared to maple. It's a high-maintenance wood, and most people expect ebony to be jet black. Most ebony is not, so it has to be dyed to appease the people who are hung up on cosmetics. That slows down the production process and increases cost.

IMO, if you're getting dings and such on your guitars when playing live, you need to work on your stage presence and pay more attention to where you are and what you do with your guitar. Yes accidents happens and people forget that they have the ability to control themselves, but it's one of those personal-responsibility things you learn to live with.

I used my Les Paul in live gigs for years and never had a problem because I took the time to set it on the stand properly or put it back in the case rather than lean it against my amp because I was in a hurry.
                              Granted the DiMarzio ClipLock buckle chewed a nice piece of the rear edge, but at least it wasn't because I threw it down non-chalantly just so I could appear to be "living the rockstar life" to a room full of drunks.

This argument comes up time and again - "everyone else makes neckthrough Japanese models with expensive options and sells them for $500 why can't Jackson do it weh weh weh" but nobody ever tries to think about it beyond their own wants.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X