More Dominion :My Modified Riverbed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Dominion :My Modified Riverbed

As i posted a couple of weeks ago i pickup up a dominion primer for a steal , and the reason i did that was because i had plans on completely refinishing the guitar, my plans were to put splitable EMGs in it , all black hardware and have the guitar refinished in gloss black, but after working out all the costs it worked out to be way to much, when my riverbed dominion played alot nicer. So what i decided to do was mod my favourite guitar. I loaded it with EMG 81tw and 89 pickups , and ordered all black hardware including black sperzels and even black mini toggles. I also solved the mystery about the hardshell case, i got the part number for the case that was on the website and hunted one down . It it an actual molded morton case made by G & G. its really nice , finished in black and red leather , but man it cost $250 CND! Oh well it was worth it. I love this guitar it is now my favourite, black hardware and EMGs make it sound and look evil!!

Comment

The black hardware is a definite winner. Where'd you get the case? I'm going to want a G&G for my next Jackson but can't seem to find them.

Comment

This is the actual jackson case for the guitar , when you order a morton case from jackson this is what you get. Not sure why they didn't make the molded cases like they have for the us models ... oh well this one is nicer . i just got a local music shop to order it directly from jackson .

Comment

Yeah, it would be that simple, wouldn't it... I was just assuming it would be the standard molded case, like you said. Thanks for the info.
          The more I look at your guitar, the more I like the black hardware. I think the figuring in the top stands out better without the distraction of the stock chrome parts. The same may not be true for other colors, but it seems to be so for yours.

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
            This is the actual jackson case for the guitar , when you order a morton case from jackson this is what you get. Not sure why they didn't make the molded cases like they have for the us models ... oh well this one is nicer . i just got a local music shop to order it directly from jackson .
            Hmm. I don't know what the hell Jackson are doing, but the G&G case for mine is a little different. Your seems like it's form-fitting, and the compartment is moved back farther.

That's a killer grain pattern on yours, too!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I so want a Morton havent played one, but I love the looks of it.

Comment

Looks really tough brother! You've got the whole package there, definitely a mean ass guitar.

Comment

Cool case. I decided to buy a gator case for mine and it fits nice and snug with the Dominion. That Black hardware is SWEET!

Comment

thanks guys, this morning i decided to put the pearl button tuners on the black hardware to see how it looked and i like it alot better it matches the inlays better. i just swapped the tuning heads from the chrome set and put them on the black ones .i will post some pics tomorrow.

Comment

Did you change the pickups or are the stock Morton? He has an awesome sound.
                      Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

I changed the pickups. stock this guitar comes with dual seymour duncan 59's and honestly the 59's sounds really good, but i wanted to try emgs.

Comment

That looks awesome. I wish Jackson would offer that, stock.
                          93 USA Soloist EDS
                          USA HT6 Juggernaut
                          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Working...
                          X