JS30DKT Locking Nut???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JS30DKT Locking Nut???

I'm looking to buy a Jackson hardtail. I can't really afford any of the more expensive Jackson hardtails so I'm looking at the JS30DKT. I'm confused though because some of the photos I've seen of this guitar show it with a locking nut? What's up with that?

I don't see how you'd lock it down without pushing the strings sharp, but the idea of the locking nut is kind of cool in the sense that could leave it unlocked and you wouldn't have to worry about replacing the nut when it wears out since it's metal. Plus I had a JS20 and the plastic nut on it was total crap. I ended up putting a Graphtech on it.

But anyway, why do some of the JS30DKT's show a locking nut?

Here's one photo of a JS30DKT with a locking nut, but there are tons out there:

http://en.woodbrass.com/images/woodb...30DKT+BLUE.JPG

Well if its a tune-o-matic bridge no need for a lock nut.I think they used a pic of another neck on that one.That guitar is not a hard tail its a string thru.Hard tail refers to a vintage non trem style and sometimes a tune-o-matic bridge with a stop tail piece like a L.P.
    If cut right a plastic nut works fine graphite nuts are slicker.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
      That guitar is not a hard tail its a string thru.Hard tail refers to a vintage non trem style and sometimes a tune-o-matic bridge with a stop tail piece like a L.P.
      Sieg Heil

Comment

thats weird

Comment

Why would they insert that neck in the pic is my Q.

Comment

Haha, I remember seeing that on the hard copy of the catalog:

http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=12&pos=28

I wondered how that could happen

I think they copy and pasted just the headstock from the guitar above it.
            Last edited by tanpsi; 01-18-2009, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Maybe the tuners suck so bad you need locking nutsor maybe fender just suck..........................
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

John these are PRE-FENDERS LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by guitardudeluke View Post
                  thats weird
                  Which thing, The locknut or the Nazi salute?

Comment

Working...
                  X