lol wut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol wut?

"This is not the standard thrash model PS-1, but the top-of-the-range PS-1 Performer, the highly prized studio axe that plays like warm butter"

lol um when were Performers not low-mid range guitars?
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

what's even funnier is: "A great mid-90s axe from Wayne Jackson’s Charvel company in California"
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Not to mention the PS-1 was the bottom of the line for the series.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieTerry84 View Post
        http://www.justguitars.com.au/vintag...l.php?guitar=6

"This is not the standard thrash model PS-1, but the top-of-the-range PS-1 Performer, the highly prized studio axe that plays like warm butter"

:ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF: we both have a ps-2 and a model 6..........witch do you play more??????
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
          what's even funnier is: "A great mid-90s axe from Wayne Jackson’s Charvel company in California"
          I wonder why no mention of Grover Charvel.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
            :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF::ROTF: we both have a ps-2 and a model 6..........witch do you play more??????

LOL oh dude the Model 6 by a mile! The PS-2 sucks balls compared to the Model 6. The pick-ups in the PS-2 are horrible, they truly are the most emptiest selling pick-ups i've ever heard! I only use it for Drop-D stuff.

I don't really like the neck on the PS-2 either, lol it was my first real guitar that i bought after playing for a year, thankfully i've learnt my lesson and now know what to look for. But ever since I got my Model 6 well.....i've now got a guitar for life
            USA Jackson RR1
            Charvel Model 6
            Jackson Performer-2
            Orange Dark Terror
            EVH 5150 LBX
            Hello Senòr

Comment

LOL oh dude the Model 6 by a mile! The PS-2 sucks balls compared to the Model 6. The pick-ups in the PS-2 are horrible, they truly are the most emptiest selling pick-ups i've ever heard! I only use it for Drop-D stuff.

I don't really like the neck on the PS-2 either, lol it was my first real guitar that i bought after playing for a year, thankfully i've learnt my lesson and now know what to look for. But ever since I got my Model 6 well.....i've now got a guitar for life
              personally i find the 6 heavy and thin sounding...i put a x2n in it and fuck that....the ps-2 is not bad i just upgraded the hardware to a schaller bridge and plan on a new pickup...i play in a small area and the ps and pro's are smaller....but i have only went through about 20 guitars in the last 4 months
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                i wonder why no mention of grover charvel.
                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                  personally i find the 6 heavy and thin sounding...i put a x2n in it and fuck that....the ps-2 is not bad i just upgraded the hardware to a schaller bridge and plan on a new pickup...i play in a small area and the ps and pro's are smaller....but i have only went through about 20 guitars in the last 4 months

Yeah i put a EMG-81 in my Model 6, gonna be getting a SA put in the neck soonish and make the middle pick up dead.

I have a fantasy of putting a 3 toggle switch in the model 6 in one of the mini toggle switches places, and having it work for the Bridge and Neck.

yeah i could upgrade this and that on the ps-2 but the thing with being in Australia all that shit is expensive , EMG-81 cost me $200 just to buy!

so if i was to upgrade all the pickups and the bridge in the PS-2 i'd end up paying around $800-900 which i could instead use with some more cash saved up and buy a nice 2nd hand Gibson or Jackson Pro

I'm absolutley in love with my Model 6 though, sure i wanna upgrade somethings on it like the neck p/u and toggle switch but apart from that i'll have this guitar til the day i die it just plays that good!
                  USA Jackson RR1
                  Charvel Model 6
                  Jackson Performer-2
                  Orange Dark Terror
                  EVH 5150 LBX
                  Hello Senòr

Comment

http://www.justguitars.com.au/vintag...l.php?guitar=6

He's right though. Its not the standard model. Its the made in korea model with the wide dots on the 12th fret. Its actually the lowest of the low. I think its even funnier that its marked as sold.

Comment

the best bit is the price though! AUS$620! it should b going for atleast AUS$250 being 2nd hand and all, hell lol thats almost as much as a brand new JS model costs!
                      USA Jackson RR1
                      Charvel Model 6
                      Jackson Performer-2
                      Orange Dark Terror
                      EVH 5150 LBX
                      Hello Senòr

Comment

Working...
                      X