No announcement yet.

Just Bought A Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had transition KE-3s with J serials, and no neck plate, too. Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by ManInTheBox6 View Post
      Thanks for all your help, this is a great forum! Everybody's eager to jump in and help. This is my first Kelly and am going to bring it back to life. any color suggestions?????
      im going to do my kelly in a snow white with black edges and all black hardware. i saw someone posted a pic of a kelly in orange and black. right now mine is black along with my esp so i need to change one up and the kelly is going to be it since it needs the work.
      ESP ltd EX-260
      Jackson Kx10
      Jackson DXMG (SD Blackouts)
      Crate GFX-212T
      Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
      Dunlop Crybaby from hell

Comment

Good news!!!!!!! My Kelly showed up yesterday, not as bad of shape as I thought. Still needs lots of work though. VERY HAPPY!!!!! Will post pics soon.
        90'/91' Charvel (heavily modified) 275 Deluxe
        94'/95' Jackson Kelly STD
        00' Jackson RR5 with Black hardware
        O3'/04' Jackson KE3

Comment

Don't listen to straycat, he is very confused. I think he has been hanging around Newc too much.

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          The J is what throws me off the Neck thru's had the J not the bolt on std's should start with a 9.
          No. Bolt-ons didn't start with 9 until around 1996-97. They were 96xxxxx until around 2003 when they went to 97xxxxx

The professional series and the pro series are two different things. I know that can be confusing.
          No they are very similar, made in the same factory. PRO is part of Professional series, just higher end. See the audiozone link at the bottom of this post and all will be revealed.

Thats a 97-98 looks like to me no neck plate.Not bad you got it a a fair price.
          No, it's pre 96.

Stray ya really need to leave these kind of threads to experts like me, Toe & Henrik ----> http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...ofessional.htm
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks again for all your help! So just to confirm, #J004417 is a 94'/95' or closer to 90'?
            90'/91' Charvel (heavily modified) 275 Deluxe
            94'/95' Jackson Kelly STD
            00' Jackson RR5 with Black hardware
            O3'/04' Jackson KE3

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Stray ya really need to leave these kind of threads to experts like me, Toe & Henrik ----> http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...ofessional.htm
              Hi Ron, long time no speak - how are you bro?
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Real good, although I have been dealing with some minor medical issues. How you?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ron you ARE the man I stand corrected and in awe.
                  But you're still a DIK!J/K LOL.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                    Real good, although I have been dealing with some minor medical issues. How you?
                    Exhausted but quite fine, thanks. Good to hear from you.
                    Henrik
                    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by ManInTheBox6 View Post
                      Thanks again for all your help! So just to confirm, #J004417 is a 94'/95' or closer to 90'?
                      I would guess late '94, early '95. I don't think the Pro Series Kelly was made until 1994. At least it doesn't show up in the catalogs on audiozone.dk
                      Scott

Comment

The Kelly Std. was around in the early '90s. That was my first Jackson, and it had to be around '92 or '93 when I got it.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X