Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rant: Shouldn't MIJ Jacksons be considered equal to ESP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if they did move import Jacksons to Mexico, shipping costs automatically go down, and I'm assuming the entire cost of manufacturing would as well (materials, labor, administration, etc).

That being the case, I would expect those cost reductions to be reflected in the MSRP and street prices dollar-for-dollar.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      Well, if they did move import Jacksons to Mexico, shipping costs automatically go down, and I'm assuming the entire cost of manufacturing would as well (materials, labor, administration, etc).

That being the case, I would expect those cost reductions to be reflected in the MSRP and street prices dollar-for-dollar.
      That's why I can see such a move being attractive to FMIC--it would allow them to reduce prices and/or upgrade the hardware, thus allowing them to compete on more even ground with Schecter and LTD. Build quality might suffer a bit, but I've played some Mexi-strats that were pretty nice.

Comment

Working...
      X