No announcement yet.

NGD for TreeFitty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buyer's remorse sucks, but seller's remorse is so much worse because it usually happens when you either can't get the item back or it'll cost more than you got for selling it.

Comment

I think they both have it and I recall reading about someone who removed that piece and had to buy longer screws to get the saddle height back to normal - or something like that. If I can find that website, I'll post a link.

Comment

From a Harmony Central review:
        "The Kahler APM-3310 Non-trem Fine tuning Bridge:
        Its a Great Bridge if you dont need a Floyd Rose.Its virtually indestructable and when mounted flush to the Guitar Body(without that fiber gasket underneath it that the Production Model King V KV-1 s have from the Ontario Calif. shop)it has tremendous sustain,Resonance and very transparent Qualities.The *TRICK(again another trick Dude)
        is REMOVE that fibre gasket and mount the bridge Directly to the surface of the body-yes you'll have to raise ethe bridge/string saddles to accomadate the lower mounting surface of the APM 3310-but the tone and resonant sustain will increase 1000%.
        Try It.....i have all my King Vs done like that(I removed that fibre washer/gasket and kept them in My Tech box).
        The Kahler APM 3310 when mounted directly to the Korina body produces a Tremendous clear ringing sustain that will make you smile..try it w/out that gasket."
        http://reviews.harmony-central.com/r...ckson/KV1/10/1

The longer screws were for a guy who put the AMP3310 on a guitar originally equipped with a Floyd.

Comment

So your KV-Pro has that thing under the Kahler?
          It's the only thing I can imagine that would cause my problem...
          This and possibly lifting frets...

Comment

Thanx for this quote my friend
            This also could explain different screws used in my KV1 / KV-Pro

Comment

Mine looks like it may have a gasket under the bridge, but that could just be the way it's made.

Comment

Ok thanks for looking.
                I think I should get one

Comment

You're welcome

Comment

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
                    I have a question to all you KV Pro owners...

Does the KV Pro originally come with that plastic-thingy under the Kahler?
                    My KV-Pro doesnt' have it but my KV1 does (?)
                    My KV-Pro have shows some serious fret-buzz at frets 9-1 and I can't fix it by adujusting Kahler and neck.
                    So I thought maybe the pre-owner removed this plastic and caused this problem (If KV-Pros came with that)

Any thoughts?

Only the KV1 had a Plastic Bevel under the Kahler. I have a KV1 and it has it.. KV pro didn't...

Comment

So your KV-Pro has that thing under the Kahler?
                      It's the only thing I can imagine that would cause my problem...
                      This and possibly lifting frets...

You just need to get the frets leveled.. Luthiers usually call this a "fret dress".

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                        Only the KV1 had a Plastic Bevel under the Kahler. I have a KV1 and it has it.. KV pro didn't...
                        Ok, so my frets are fucked up

Comment

Ok, so my frets are fucked up

It's an old guitar,, so the ebony can expand and contract minutely over the years, also the frets can develop little corrosion, and combine it all together.

You get the picture.

Comment

Working...
                          X