??? "Professional Fusion XL" ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??? "Professional Fusion XL" ???

Hey to all! I am new on here. I have had this Jackson for about 5 years now. I love this guitar!!! It mostly stays in its case,, i do play it once in a wile though. Of course i have a old beater (Ibanez) i play normally. And from what i can tell,, or think,, its an early 90's Japanese made Jackson Professional and has the words "Fusion XL" on the truss rod cover! Its the three pick-up config and was already loaded with EMG's when i bought it. And the body is a beautiful metallic flake black. I have trouble finding anything on this guitar. I have found a model close but does not have the "Fusion XL" on it at all. Does anyone out there know anything about this model..? I would love to know the year, the history, the original cost, etc..., anything!

Thanks!!!

PS, I was going to attach a couple of pics of it, but its telling me "I may not post attachments". I dont know why! But that is the headstock in my avatar.
    Last edited by danmanjackson1; 01-27-2009, 03:52 PM. Reason: wrong catagory.

Fusion XL

Basswood body
    JT-590 trem (Schaller)
    MOP inlays and a bound Rosewood fretbaord.
    Short scale (24.75)

Click the catalog pic for a larger view.

Nice fiddle.
    -Rick

Comment

As far as pics go, nobody can post attachments. You upload your pics to a free hosting site like photobucket.com, then you post them by inserting the link in your post.

Comment

Thanks! Those catalog pics def helps out!
        And I do have a photobucket account,, so that cool, thanks!

Comment

Get some shots of her up here then! Gotta be sure!

I had a Pro of the Professional series that had a Fusion XL truss cover flipped backwards with the black side up. Never knew it was like that until I switched to 10's. For all I know it happened aftermarket, but logically it more likely happened at the factory.

Point is, someone adjusting the rod & seeing that without knowing Jackson models would just assume it was turned upside down by accident...so having Fusion XL on the truss rod cover is no guarantee that is the model. Pictures!!!
          Last edited by Vass; 01-27-2009, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Here are some pics. Def not the best pics,,, sorry! Thanks for replying. And does anyone know what this guitar originally cost or what year it was actually made and or came out? Again thanks.

Comment

Nice guitar !
              Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=62&pos=21

Click the catalog pic for a larger view.
              That catalog pic is a good example for "do not rely too much on catalogs"

The bridge pickup of the XL ain't a J85 (blade) and the guitar shown below the "HH"-description looks to be Fusion Std.
              uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Looks like rosewood to me, so it's an XL. Beauty!

Comment

I need to find me one of those, or any Fusion.

Very Nice!

EJ

Comment

Working...
                  X