Clear All

• Hot-Rodded DXMG

Here's my custom Jackson DXMG

Original Floyd Rose (Gold)
    Dimarzio Breed (Neck)
    Dimarzio Tone Zone (Bridge)
    all Gold Hardware
    Gotoh Tuners

Once i did a complete setup on this thing, it screams. I love it to death, I would put it against a M-II standard or a DK-1 anyday... i have to say the DXMG makes a Great custom guitar. Feels good to own a Jackson.

Cool! Gold on black looks fantastic!
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

that looks great ... I've always fancied one, I got an amazing setup on my old DK2, but the pickups just sucked !
      maybe one day ....

Comment

Cool mods, love the new look! I've got a grey DXMG but rarely play it. I hate the stock pickups so I've been debating whether to mod or sell it. After seeing yours, I'll try a pickup swap first to see if I can bond with it.

Comment

Nice first post! Welcome!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by tcwil8 View Post
            Cool mods, love the new look! I've got a grey DXMG but rarely play it. I hate the stock pickups so I've been debating whether to mod or sell it. After seeing yours, I'll try a pickup swap first to see if I can bond with it.
            Yeah man,

I would try different pickups before writing DXMG off. when I first got the guitar out of the box, it felt like a average mid range guitar and the EMG-HZ sounded so lifeless and very stale. So i figured i would need to buy new pickups that fit my preference. So when i was thinking about new pickups, I needed something that was voiced with the body wood (Basswood). So i went to two legendary guitars that are basswood which is the Peavey Wolfgang and the Ibanez Jem BLK... and so thats how i came up with the pickup combo and would totally recomend getting a set.

Tone Zone (Bridge) like the one in the Peavey Wolfgang
            Breed (Neck) like the one in the Ibanez Jem BLk

Comment

Looks awesome !

Comment

that looks reely nice
                nice 1 cant beet black n gold

Comment

Love DXMGs .... I've owned about four of them over the years. I once had a black one with gold hardware. Nice.
                  My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Originally posted by SChristiansen View Post
                    Yeah man,

I would try different pickups before writing DXMG off. when I first got the guitar out of the box, it felt like a average mid range guitar and the EMG-HZ sounded so lifeless and very stale. So i figured i would need to buy new pickups that fit my preference. So when i was thinking about new pickups, I needed something that was voiced with the body wood (Basswood). So i went to two legendary guitars that are basswood which is the Peavey Wolfgang and the Ibanez Jem BLK... and so thats how i came up with the pickup combo and would totally recomend getting a set.

Tone Zone (Bridge) like the one in the Peavey Wolfgang
                    Breed (Neck) like the one in the Ibanez Jem BLk
                    Thanks for the note and advice. I'll give it a shot and let you know.

Comment

Love it, although I'm not so keen on the pickup colour. I think either all black or zebra would go better there, but I bet it plays like a monster.
                      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X